hospital

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
james1234
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: hospital

Post by james1234 »

So Andy, hope you are doing well!

I have done some research and I found out that A turp operation in Holland would cost ca 7-8000, in UK 10.000$ Turkeye 4500 en in Bangkok 2500 - 3500 $.

I know why you went to UK. But I think Bangkok would have been a better alternitiv regarding all extra costs and painfull trip. I am trying to learn from your situation because I almost presume I will be in the same situation somewhere in the next years.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

james1234 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:38 pm I know why you went to UK. But I think Bangkok would have been a better alternitiv regarding all extra costs and painfull trip. I am trying to learn from your situation because I almost presume I will be in the same situation somewhere in the next years.
to be fair he didn't have an accurate diagnosis when he opted to return to the UK...
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:51 pm
james1234 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:38 pm I know why you went to UK. But I think Bangkok would have been a better alternitiv regarding all extra costs and painfull trip. I am trying to learn from your situation because I almost presume I will be in the same situation somewhere in the next years.
to be fair he didn't have an accurate diagnosis when he opted to return to the UK...
That is very fair to say! In Kampot they diagnosed me with a bladder tumor also.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

James it does not cost to have a TURP operation in the UK.
just saying

charlie
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:12 am James it does not cost to have a TURP operation in the UK.
just saying

charlie
I think he maybe referring to privet care.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

james1234
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by james1234 »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:12 pm
just saying

charlie I think he maybe referring to privet care.
I just summed up the costs, I know aboud the free health care in UK. But this would be my costs when staying as not insured foreigner in the UK. I don't think I, as Belgian,, can fly to the UK as tourist and ask for FREE turp OPERATION 8-) I also know about the false diagnoses in PP. So it is clear why Andy went to the UK.
If something like this happens to me, (after learning from this) I would take the first plane to Bangkok.

From your link Andy:
Sex after TURP Prostate Surgery

Sexual function returns for most men, but the doctor may advise against ejaculation for up to two months. While the ability to orgasm is unaffected by TURP, your ejaculate may no longer exit through the penis. This occurs if the valve to the bladder, which controls the direction of semen, is damaged during the procedure.
Ai, with all the nice Khmer ladies around, that would be a difficult one!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

:lol:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

james1234 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:34 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:12 pm
just saying

charlie I think he maybe referring to privet care.
I just summed up the costs, I know aboud the free health care in UK. But this would be my costs when staying as not insured foreigner in the UK. I don't think I, as Belgian,, can fly to the UK as tourist and ask for FREE turp OPERATION 8-) I also know about the false diagnoses in PP. So it is clear why Andy went to the UK.
If something like this happens to me, (after learning from this) I would take the first plane to Bangkok.

From your link Andy:
Sex after TURP Prostate Surgery

Sexual function returns for most men, but the doctor may advise against ejaculation for up to two months. While the ability to orgasm is unaffected by TURP, your ejaculate may no longer exit through the penis. This occurs if the valve to the bladder, which controls the direction of semen, is damaged during the procedure.
so u could get yourself pregnant?? :plus1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Instead of cumming you just went.....................
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic