Guilty pleasures.

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Guilty pleasures.

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

wonderfull vocals, great arrangment,

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

you have opened a can of worms mate, what is guilty music?

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

there are no guilty pleasures just music and songs and dance and celebration and !!!!!

charlie
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:18 am Why would, should, anybody be ashamed of liking a particular song, album, artist? So called "guilty pleasures" is a load of bollocks, more to do with peer pressure than anything else, massive group think.
If you like a particular song, album, artist, why should you feel guilty?
As for the womack link, Bobby Womack has been responsible for some fine R&B over the years, ask the rolling stones for a start. or even go online and have a listen to some of his back catalogue.

In the early 70s John Lennon saw karen Carpenter in a restuarant in LA and said to her "darling you have the voice of an angel" (she did) when it was reported in the press it wasn,t naff to appreciate the carpenters anymore, group think again!

My guilty pleasures are The rolling stones, pink floyd, miles davis, the beatles and the gratefull dead!!!!!!!!!! :please:

charlie
Blame social media. You have to conform to the herd or you don't get likes. And you have to post everything online. God help us if the bay city rollers ever become cool look at all this fubar about men going to a charity do with pretty waitresses, and men groping girls. the girls are twice as bad at hen nights and in the clubs. Soon you wont be able to tell a girl she is pretty without being arrested for harrassment
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:05 am
whiteribbon wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:43 pm Since I'm the only one reading this, posting here and there will be a site upgrade in an hour where only the most popular posts will show on the front page, I'm treating this topic as my personal bookmark for videos I don't want to save on my computer.
Surely this is a spoof, a joke, please say it is. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

charlie
No, they were actually quite popular when I was young, number one hits in my country, couldn't get enough of their videos back then, Camilla's chest just kept getting bigger in every new video they made lol The strange redhead is actually the founder of this and some other weird groups and a famous lecturer in management theory.
just noise, white noise
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

whiteribbon wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:06 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:05 am
whiteribbon wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:43 pm Since I'm the only one reading this, posting here and there will be a site upgrade in an hour where only the most popular posts will show on the front page, I'm treating this topic as my personal bookmark for videos I don't want to save on my computer.
Surely this is a spoof, a joke, please say it is. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

charlie
No, they were actually quite popular when I was young, number one hits in my country, couldn't get enough of their videos back then, Camilla's chest just kept getting bigger in every new video they made lol The strange redhead is actually the founder of this and some other weird groups and a famous lecturer in management theory.

+1 - I hear you :bow:
They had these colourful videos at the time! I was was utterly fascinated by them

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
Sumac
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Sumac »

This is one of the good examples of Japanese rock. They like to show off--in a good way--their musicianship. The bass comes through, as does the flange guitar. This song always stays in my head after I hear it.
Even when a person is not there, the water flows.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:31 am

you have opened a can of worms mate, what is guilty music?

charlie
Glenn Campbell doesn't belong in the list! Too good! Should be horrible songs that you still can't stop yourself from liking.

just noise, white noise
Sumac
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Sumac »

"Glenn Campbell doesn't belong in the list! Too good! Should be horrible songs that you still can't stop yourself from liking."

I guess I missed the point of this thread. In that case, how about this? Not a fan of the video, and although this is a cover of an Abba song, the music is undeniable.

Even when a person is not there, the water flows.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic