Even on the darknet, dealing drugs can lead to arrest...

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Even on the darknet, dealing drugs can lead to arrest...

Post by phuketrichard »

David Ryan Burchard, a 40-year-old Merced, California resident who for years sold illegal substances over the dark web and amassed over a million dollars in Bitcoin, has been sentenced to six years and eight months in prison by the U.S. Chief District Judge Lawrence J. O’Neill.
Burchard Was the 3rd Largest U.S.-Based Drug Vendor

Prior to his arrest in March 2016, Burchard was high on the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s most-wanted list.
According to the FBI, Burchard’s Silk Road login password, “asshole209,” is what made it possible to catch one of the U.S.’s biggest dark web drug vendors.
:plus1:

https://darkwebnews.com/dark-web/major- ... or-jailed/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Even on the darknet, dealing drugs can lead to arrest...

Post by pczz »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:31 am
David Ryan Burchard, a 40-year-old Merced, California resident who for years sold illegal substances over the dark web and amassed over a million dollars in Bitcoin, has been sentenced to six years and eight months in prison by the U.S. Chief District Judge Lawrence J. O’Neill.
Burchard Was the 3rd Largest U.S.-Based Drug Vendor

Prior to his arrest in March 2016, Burchard was high on the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s most-wanted list.
According to the FBI, Burchard’s Silk Road login password, “asshole209,” is what made it possible to catch one of the U.S.’s biggest dark web drug vendors.
:plus1:

https://darkwebnews.com/dark-web/major- ... or-jailed/
did he get to keep the bitcoin? that's still $150,000 for each year in jail and no expenses to pay :beer2:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Just to really piss them off he should study law in jail at the state's expense
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

that genius wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:21 pm Just to really piss them off he should study law in jail at the state's expense
Didn't Howard Marks (Mr. Nice) do that?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I am about to re read "Mr Nice" i don,t recall that he studied law in jail, he did teach prisoners for a while in the USA.
As far as this bloke is concerned he must be a bit of an idiot to leave a paper trail to his money. Unless he has a lot more stashed in bills somewhere, were i in that position most of my money would be.

charlie

indeed has been in the past :beer3:
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm I am about to re read "Mr Nice" i don,t recall that he studied law in jail, he did teach prisoners for a while in the USA jail system.
As far as this bloke is concerned he must be a bit of an idiot to leave a paper trail to his money. Unless he has a lot more stashed in bills somewhere, were i in that position most of my money would be.

charlie

indeed has been in the past :beer3:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Is it just me or does that password seem really weak for someone who should, presumably, be quiet tech savvy?

I also don’t get the title of this post, dealing drugs either way is illegal. Do people really think that just because it happens on the darknet it’s ok or something?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic