Do you have a great Cambodian story to tell ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do you have a great Cambodian story to tell ?

Post by username »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:31 pm could interview any of the tens of thousands of Khmers older than 50,,, each one will have a unreal story,
or i could tell u about my trips into Cambodia, south of Pailin to mine Ruby's, overland in the late 88 with KR guides..
You can tell us here at CEO!
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Take away sex drugs and violence and the answer in no :stir:

charlie
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

username wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:24 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:31 pm could interview any of the tens of thousands of Khmers older than 50,,, each one will have a unreal story,
or i could tell u about my trips into Cambodia, south of Pailin to mine Ruby's, overland in the late 88 with KR guides..
tried to once otof, an everyone jumped on me for supporting the KR :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:11 pm
username wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:24 pm
tried to once otof, an everyone jumped on me for supporting the KR :beer3:
Try again! :beer3:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Perhsos thishoul be "any gret positive story" without drones or he will probably be arrested before its finishef
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:This guy is looking for material for a documentary film on Cambodia.
Contact him on Fb.
Come on general. Send them the story about the ladyboy and the stiletto
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

C'mon guys don't be so shy, why not open up as to why you are here.
Cambodia is a sh## hole. For those that are stuck here for whatever reason, either they married a grey girl/bar girl/cashier because she really loved him I have no sympathy because chances are when you first got involved you were a hero who would take her out of this, usually with a big age difference. Maybe you are being paid (big money) in Cambodia which is usually a great deal more than could earn in a western /civilized country.
So many posters with their head up their A*** as to why they are here is amusing.
Me, I arrived Siam Reap in 2006, started a couple of small businesses opened small businesses in both Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh over the years and enjoyed the money as have my employees. For me now is the time to move on, if you have the balls Myanmar is where you can make some money and have a good lifestyle.
Apologies to the Teflers English teachers and grammer police before you start whinging for in correct grammar spelling etx, but I have to say it has never held me back in running my own companies.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:56 pm Hook him up with Trapper?
Yeah! I'm sure they would make cute babies together... :stir:
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Mr Cynical wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:17 pm Cambodia is a sh## hole. For those that are stuck here for whatever reason, either they married a grey girl/bar girl/cashier because she really loved him I have no sympathy because chances are when you first got involved you were a hero who would take her out of this, usually with a big age difference. Maybe you are being paid (big money) in Cambodia which is usually a great deal more than could earn in a western /civilized country.
So many posters with their head up their A*** as to why they are here is amusing.

After a visits to Siem Reap/PP in 2006 and Kep/PP in 2016, I thought I might like to retire in Cambodia. That is, until last summer when I came back for for two-and-a-half months to check out 'The Riviera' (Snooky & Kampot) only to find it inundated by Chinese (and the condos that looked so nice on the web, to be Chinese developments) and/or rental prices shooting upwards... combined with: shitty infrastructure and a lack of any decent medical facilities, that I decided Cambodia is NOT a retirement option.

Arranged for a 1-year Vietnam visa on arrival (very easy) and am headed to Phu Quoc next Wednesday... then probably on to Vung Tau (there aren't a lot of places to rent on Phu Quoc unless you want to pay to stay at a resort).
You could be next.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

.....For me now is the time to move on, if you have the balls Myanmar is where you can make some money and have a good lifestyle.
I know a few people living/and own their own business in Myanmar,( all travel related) and a few teachers.
i love the country and if i was 20 years younger, thats where i would head..( note you cant show up broke thou like in Cambodia, would need a starter of at least $20,000) and forget about it if u only have a tefl degree..... Some find it restrictive and boring... but like Kep, u need make ur own entertainment everywhere but Yangon.

Down south, beaches every bit as nice as west coast of thailand with very very few bungalows on them an hundreds of fantastic islands..
Know one American owns a gh in Ye with his Burmese wife he met in Phuket and has a lovely set up.
Another 4-5 years all the Burmese will be heading back to work and they'll make good $$ an the construction, fishing industry in Thailand will die.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic