German Man Dies by Jumping from 3rd floor Room on Street 136 in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: German Man Dies by Jumping from 3rd floor Room on Street 136 in Phnom Penh

Post by Cam Nivag »

postman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:21 am Somehow it all seems very strange to me. The pictures don't really match the story. I don't think the young man jumped.
Report of foreigner suicide = "IT WAS MURDER!!!"
Report of foreigner arrest = "IT'S A SET UP!!!"
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

postman wrote:Somehow it all seems very strange to me. The pictures don't really match the story. I don't think the young man jumped.
Case solved then. Phew. What about when he tried to commit suicide earlier but people stopped him so he switched to a different room. Seriously Matlock, these questions need answers. Who is the main suspect in your opinion? The ladyboy and man who were with him that were crying over the body in the pic when he was dead. If you haven't noticed, when Khmer are in trouble, they run, not cry over the body.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Gardiguy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:33 pm
postman wrote:Somehow it all seems very strange to me. The pictures don't really match the story. I don't think the young man jumped.
Case solved then. Phew. What about when he tried to commit suicide earlier but people stopped him so he switched to a different room. Seriously Matlock, these questions need answers. Who is the main suspect in your opinion? The ladyboy and man who were with him that were crying over the body in the pic when he was dead. If you haven't noticed, when Khmer are in trouble, they run, not cry over the body.
They might stay and cry if he hadn't paid and they didn't find any money in his pockets.....
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:good: I have been contacted by a friend of the deceased,and he seems pretty convinced it was not suicide, I have seen a write up in khmer of the body,anyone know what it said . cheers
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Hey all. The police in Germany who are investigating this man's death have reached out to CEO in an attempt to get the unedited images from the scene. If anyone has them, please let us know so that we can forward them to the German police.

Thanks in advance.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

That seems unconventional. Couldn't they just contact the embassy and use one of their khmer employees to contact the sources (newspapers) directly? They might even be lucky and obtain the pictures in full resolution...
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

username wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:28 am That seems unconventional. Couldn't they just contact the embassy and use one of their khmer employees to contact the sources (newspapers) directly? They might even be lucky and obtain the pictures in full resolution...
A dead barang, a ladyboy and a bar fine.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:evil: by all accounts there has been a cover up,I saw the lady boy leaving in a tuktuk with luggage the other day.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic