Bungalow / villa parc - resort in siem reap with pool

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Bungalow / villa parc - resort in siem reap with pool

Post by cautious colin »

james1234 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:17 pm So, it was quite hard to find more info about these houses. Agents only answer facebook messages and not very fast :assasin:

I liked the most:
https://www.realestate.com.kh/house-for ... reap/54367

This is actually a bungalow on the isann lodge resort. Beautifull resort with great reviews.
They rent out some of thier bungalows a long term basis. So living the whole year like on vacation. I like that. :hattip:
Now I send them an email to get more info and deal with them directly. I will certainly stay there.

Only negative side: It is 6,7 km from the night market and the last 700 meters are small dirt roads without any light :shock:
On google earth I have look at the roads and they were wet, muddy and dirty. I don't know how this will be in the rainy season? Not a good idea taking this bungalow? :please:

In the time I have been in Cambodia (jun 2016) the roads were dusty but not muddy. And after a shower it dried up quite fast.

What are your thoughts? Bad idea staying there a whole year?
I understand you are trying to be as prepared as possible but if I was you I would wait until I get here to arrange rent. Just book into a hotel for a week or two, figure out where you want to live and go from there. There will be plenty of places at that time of year and it is hard to choose a place to live when you are not in the country, cannot see the area, don't know how reliable the pictures are etc. Your girlfriend may also get a better price than you if there in person (avoiding the agents fees)

Dirt roads will be very muddy at certain times of the year. It does generally dry fast but the days it is raining non-stop and or the road is under shade of the tree it will not be drying very quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

General recommendation on accommodation in Cambodia is to get a short-term hotel room for when you arrive, and then go have a look at the real life situation. Things change fast, may not be what they seem online. Check it out IRL before you commit to anything.
I would also wait and see about your plans to move to SHV. Just read some of the Chinese/SHV threads. A heads up - it is becoming difficult to find places to rent.
james1234
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by james1234 »

Thx all,

It was my plan, first to rent for a month and than longer. But I want to prepare. It makes no sense after arrival running around like a chicken without a head as we say in Dutch/Flemish.

For who is interested, i found the resort of the other houses as well.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/kh/luxury ... ce.nl.html

Nice as well, but not so coasy as Isaan, but only 2,3 km from the Night market so a very good option as well. These houses in resort are a very good option. Normally 70-80$ per night, now 450 for a month! It seems that more resort and hotel owners make good offers for longer stay. So what I will do: Send email/inquiries to a number of nice resorts and boutique hotels to make me an offer for a month stay? Let's see what that brings.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i 2nd or 3rd,......book a gh for ur first few nights, than go around and look. Just cause it looks good online does not tell u much about what it is really like, how far it is, what the neighborhood is like, ( worst for me is a chicken or pig farm next door) , water pressure, owners??
etc etc.
as far as snv, good friend has had to move 2 x in past 3 months cause of the Chinese...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 am i 2nd or 3rd,......book a gh for ur first few nights, than go around and look. Just cause it looks good online does not tell u much about what it is really like, how far it is, what the neighborhood is like, ( worst for me is a chicken or pig farm next door) , water pressure, owners??
etc etc.
as far as snv, good friend has had to move 2 x in past 3 months cause of the Chinese...
^This.

Check the local situation by yourself before committing, even for a month. Google Earth uses pretty old pictures, and like someone said above things change quickly. Just check yourself in a nice guesthouse for a week and reserve a few days for house hunting. Will give you a much higher chance of finding a nice house. You might also ask your GF to do some homework prior to your arrival. Not sure if it's a good idea to help her close a deal though. Don't know how long and how well you know her.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Do you really want to stay somewhere for a whole year without a kitchen? Even if you eat out a lot, it's nice to be able to throw some eggs and bacon in a pan after a heavy night out or make a meal and stay in when you're sick no?
Last edited by whiteribbon on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just noise, white noise
james1234
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by james1234 »

Dear whiteribbon. Of course I want a small kitchen. The two places have one. The other only cooking plate and microwave. But i will not going to live that far from the city. But I will take advise and land first.
Will preselect nice oportunities from here.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

james1234 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:12 pm Dear whiteribbon. Of course I want a small kitchen. The two places have one. The other only cooking plate and microwave. But i will not going to live that far from the city. But I will take advise and land first.
Will preselect nice oportunities from here.
Aha ok, ignore my comment, when I opened the link of the place you were interested in I didn't see there was a kitchen anywhere.
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic