"All you can drink" for $9.75/2hours

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: "All you can drink" for $9.75/2hours

Post by soup »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:46 am
soup wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:05 am If you don't mind, fuck, even if you do mind, allow me to give you some business advice.

I remember when you first opened your spot, and did a drive by. When I saw that it was Khmer owned and priced for barang, I knew what time it was....

1. Lose the shitty hard chairs at the bar. Get nice comfortable ones. Not those cheap ass bamboo seats that make people want to leave.

2. Drop your beer price to .50 cents to get people in the door on a regular basis. You can make it up in other sales. Pour a 6 count too, when making a mixed drink. People will remember!

3. Get a dollar/discount menu for your bar food. Yeah, everything on the menu is a dollar or three for 2.50. You get the idea...?

5. Put some comfortable chairs and tables and plants in that big concrete area out front so people can sit outside chit chat with friends and watch the world go by. Again, not those bamboo POS's!

6. If you don't discretely sell weed, now it the time to start. If you don't want to discretely sell weed, at least have a liberal policy about the discrete consumption of it.

7. Lower the lighting to a more comfortable/beautiful level. Stark colors in cold atmospheres aren't attractive.

8. Start playing music with an upbeat/tempo. Slow country dribble or depressing music makes stop drinking and leave. Do not play the same shit on a different day. It gets old!

9. Get yourself a few 'B girls' to sit at the bar and make it more enticing to the customer base you are trying to attract. People like to go where other people go, so have some people there to 'salt' the pot.
MAKE DAMN SURE THE DRINK PRICES FOR THE B GIRLS ARE THE SAME AS THE PRICES FOR THE BARANG.

10. Start a weekly event to draw people in. Poker night, ladies night, teachers night, mongers night. (no gay nights, please.)

11. Get a PRETTY, SWEET, FEMALE bartender. Even women will want to talk to them. This is your magnet.
Lose the guys!

12. Make it fun and they come back. Periodically, randomly, give away free jello shots or spiked watermelon. Something cheap that makes for a good time.

To be honest, a 9:95 two hour piss up is a cry for help. You can follow some, all or most of my advice and maybe survive. Or, I can look for your wake notice in the obits. :hattip:
soup, he has opened a bar in KoW .

you however have not.
This is because I don't see an ROI in the bar business in this town, not to mention all the derelicts you have to deal with..... :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic