Alamo Cafe - Tex-Mex and American Food in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Free drinks for CEO members from Alamo Cafe in Phnom Penh

Post by General Mackevili »

Awesome!! Thanks for the free drink offer, and there will never be too many good options for Tex-Mex/Mexican restaurants in Phnom Penh. I just read that Alma Cafe closed, so glad to hear you've opened up yet another place to have some good food. I remember when Alma Cafe used to be our go-to breakfast spot, as long as we could all be up by 2PM, or whenever they closed, LoL.

Best of luck with it and it will be at the top of my food list when I get back into town.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Alamo Cafe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm
epidemiks wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 pm Croquettes isn't possessive, so the apostrophe isn't required.
That is the first mistake/oversight that has been found which was actually embarrassing. I blame it on the combination of lack of sleep and the funky font. I actually looked at it two or three time thinking something didn't look right, but failed to spot the errant apostrophe.
epidemiks wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 pm
epidemiks wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 pm
I suspect someone has been quality testing the free beer. Being the owner and a CEO member does not entitle you to srink it all before we get there :beer3:
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

You don't need a location. Act like a real Meskin! Get a taco truck, paint it green, park it at a gas station, and save on rent. :good:

Do you serve fish tacos?
Moe
Expatriate

Post by Moe »

According to the menu, no.

Fish tacos are a Baja/Southern California thing anyway, not in any way Tex/Mex.
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

No fish tacos, sorry. I love them myself, however, so they might be added at some point.
Great food for dine-in, delivery, or take-away. Call 085 540 525.
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

Alamo Cafe is now on Nham24 at https://nham24.com/menu-alamo-cafe

We're happy to be listed by Nham24, but remember that as a reader of CEO you can get a free canned drink or bottled water with each main course if you order direct from us and request it.
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

If you're feeling too lazy or too hungover to go out for lunch, give us a call at 085540525 and we'll bring it right to your door--including your free drink(s) if you ask for the CEO promotion.
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

If you have not tried our Chicken Fried Steak yet, now's the time. We recently switched to using the round steak from Strokesy's, the Australian butcher, and it is definitely both more flavorful and more tender than what we were buying at the market. Get one along with your free drink today!
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

Take advantage of our newest special offer: All main courses (except Jalapeno Poppers, sorry) only $5 from opening until 2PM. (Please note that this cannot be combined with the previous free drink offer, but that offer is still valid after 2PM.)
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

Our website is live! Chick it out at https://alamocambodia.com. We'll have a lot of new features coming over the next few weeks, like online ordering and Web-only promos, but we're pretty happy with what we have so far. To celebrate, we're extending the lunch special prices to orders placed before 5PM (even if for delivery or pickup later) and that now includes the stuffed jalapenos, as well. Heck, we'll even take reservations if you know you are coming, and give you this price if you make the reservation before 5:00! Just mention that you saw it on C.E.O.. Your choice of fries or side salad included, and this is for the full normal portion sizes, not a smaller lunch portion. Or, take a free drink with each order all day long. We're now extending that offer to include Angkor beer bottles, but only for dine-in. We look forward to seeing or hearing from you soon.

By the way, we had a couple of comments that the jalapeno poppers were not as spicy as when we were making them at Sharkey Bar, and that they occasionally tasted vinegary. Both were accurate, and both should now be corrected as we have finally been able to get the exact same jalapenos we were buying before.
Last edited by Alamo Cafe on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic