In a Cop Culture, the Bill of Rights Doesn’t Amount to Much

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: In a Cop Culture, the Bill of Rights Doesn’t Amount to Much

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

charlie
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

The trouble with democracy is that the majority rarely has the knowledge to make a valid decision, so they wind up doing stupid things like voting for trump or brexit. the end result is the people who can best manipulate the majority take control and then there is no democracy anymore
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

So, the Muslim extremists won already?

Cops hardly give any problems if handled well. Really.

Respect (most of) them for the daily grind they do. Really, they'll pull you out of trouble if you let them.

Political reform already here: recreational MJ, if that's your thing, in several states now, including California. So smoke up, if you like that.

It was a skill I had to learn, with cops. Luckily, I worked out and befriended a guy who happened to be a cop. He told me how to avoid trouble. Just be smart, both your lawyer and I will tell you.

Prepare for a meeting. ID, reg, etc. Hands on wheel at 10 and 2 o'clock positions if driving. They are looking for dissidents, any sign of resistance. You want them to not be threatened by you.

I am a bit big, so I smile, look straight in the eyes, and say, "Hello." Maybe, "Can I help you?"

Answer quickly, and briefly. No need to waste their time with details.

Smile, laugh, and accept any responsibility whole heartedly.

"Sorry, I didn't know I was going 70 mph in a 55 mph zone." Or "I didn't see that stop sign, sorry."

Maybe they'll let you off, unless you look or smell like a danger.

Or they'll give you a ticket, run a check on you, and that's it. If you ask nicely, you can gently ask them not to show up for your arraignment (?) so you can get off, haha, because you were so nice. Maybe not worth his time to prosecute you.

Game over. No search, no brutality. Pure politeness.

It's a dangerous world. Respect those that live in it. We usually just brush by it.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

SmartAston Martin wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:58 pm So, the Muslim extremists won already?

Cops hardly give any problems if handled well. Really.

Respect (most of) them for the daily grind they do. Really, they'll pull you out of trouble if you let them.

Political reform already here: recreational MJ, if that's your thing, in several states now, including California. So smoke up, if you like that.

It was a skill I had to learn, with cops. Luckily, I worked out and befriended a guy who happened to be a cop. He told me how to avoid trouble. Just be smart, both your lawyer and I will tell you.

Prepare for a meeting. ID, reg, etc. Hands on wheel at 10 and 2 o'clock positions if driving. They are looking for dissidents, any sign of resistance. You want them to not be threatened by you.

I am a bit big, so I smile, look straight in the eyes, and say, "Hello." Maybe, "Can I help you?"

Answer quickly, and briefly. No need to waste their time with details.

Smile, laugh, and accept any responsibility whole heartedly.

"Sorry, I didn't know I was going 70 mph in a 55 mph zone." Or "I didn't see that stop sign, sorry."

Maybe they'll let you off, unless you look or smell like a danger.

Or they'll give you a ticket, run a check on you, and that's it. If you ask nicely, you can gently ask them not to show up for your arraignment (?) so you can get off, haha, because you were so nice. Maybe not worth his time to prosecute you.

Game over. No search, no brutality. Pure politeness.

It's a dangerous world. Respect those that live in it. We usually just brush by it.
That's what I got wrong. for some stupid reason I though the police worked for me and were supposed to treat me with respect, not harass me for doing 2 mph above the limit. We server the cops and the judiciary. now I get it and will never complain again officer, I promise
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

They DO NOT work for you, in fact that's a bit of an insult.

They work for the police chief and the mayor, not for "little people." Maybe you didn't vote for that mayor, haha.

These are all people who have dedicated themselves to the city. What have you done for the city? Oh yeah? Put a sticker up and carry that civic organization's card. Otherwise, you're a plebe.

Police are dangerous people that visit danger to others, and look for trouble. Often bored, occasionally in danger, and usually undervalued.

Cheer one up, you may make a friend to bail you out later. They are defo NOT the enemy.

Like convincing an airline ticketing agent to give you a better seat, smile, be professional, and appear of decent values and good worth. They only have a minute or two to judge you.

Either that, or YOU buckle on a police belt and take the heat of the city. Ha. Depend on YOU for the city's law and order? Right ...
Last edited by SmartAston Martin on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

SmartAston Martin wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:26 pm They DO NOT work for you, in fact that's a bit of an insult.

They work for the police chief and the mayor, not for "little people." Maybe you didn't vote for that mayor, haha.

They are dangerous people that visit danger to others, and look for trouble. Often bored, occasionally in danger, and usually undervalued.

Cheer one up, you may make a friend to bail you out later. They are defo NOT the enemy.

Like convincing an airline ticketing agent to give you a better seat, smile, be professional, and appear of decent values and good worth. They only have a minute or two to judge you.
Well in the states you get to vote. in uk we do not. Police are scum. they do not even investigate robberied under $250 anymore, and barely a week goes by without them banging up some innocent person by concealing evidence ( 2 recent rape case thrown out) or corruption. I worked for a law firm and we used to laugh whnever a cae came in involving a certain officer who kept getting caught falsifying evidence or planting it. never punished for iy
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Yes, your cops used to be quite good.

I guess finding cops is hard to do nowadays.

Budget cuts?

Anyhoo, it's gotten bad there, yes.

They sound embattled. Complex immigration, tougher drug gangs, sophisticated networks.

BTW, to add to me above advice on dealing with coppers, you could say, if you have a lot of tattoos, sth like ...

"Well, I just came from me mum's there, and I had to stop off and get some baby formula for me girl. That's why the rush, guv'nor. Then (look at watch), I have to make me 7 o'clock meetin', I really been tryin' the strait and narrow, you see? Now I have to confess to Father O'Brien, you know him? Anyway, I done did speed over the limit, you got me by all rights."

If true, that usually works, haha.

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Sowf lunnoin 1950 accent very good. Do not make excuses for the C*&Nts. My friends son was refused entry to the police because the jobs were reserved for returning thugs from Afghanistan/ Iraq. traumatized thugs with no brains sent out to mlook after grannies crossing the streets. I haven had respect for a british cop since the one who dragged me home at 11 years old by my ear and told my mum I really should no play football in a busy street...We had proper coppers in those daya, bobby on the beat who knew everyone and used their discretion
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Yes, community policing the best, proven by far effective and less expensive.

Unfortunately, it's prone to the "Good ol' boy" syndrome, and big money, both on the gangster side and the "eat souls for profit" and "more jails, more bars" law enforcement for profit and fun side.

:(

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Why do they have police in USA? They can walk around with guns and shoot the criminals. Would save a fortune in trials and prisons.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic