Cellcard 4G replaced by edge

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Citizen 1010
Tourist
Australia

Cellcard 4G replaced by edge

Post by Citizen 1010 »

Curious if anyone is getting 4G from Cellcard in Phnom Penh and if so, or if not, where.

It seems to have totally disappeared for the last week. They came out two weeks ago and altered the local aerial and it was steady 4G. Now just total crap. H+ or edge everywhere I seem to go around Phnom Penh.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Cellcard 4G replaced by edge

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Mine has been very spotty the last few days ( I’m in the royal palace area). Sometimes losing signal completely to the point I can’t even receive or make calls let alone use the internet.

My guess is they are doing some upgrades or they are having some issues.

Mine seems to be back to normal today so I would hold out a bit longer before throwing in the towel.

This speed test is from just now.

This has gone down. A few days ago I was getting 90+

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

citizen 101 same as fotojurn on tof>
why post same threads

got same fast speeds there>>>>>>>> whats it cost ya
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 pm citizen 101 same as fotojurn on tof>
why post same threads?
Why not? Bigger audience, more responses. Sure you’ve posted the same thread on both forums before haven’t you?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Using Cellcard 4G right now. All's fine. Haven't noticed any deterioration in service recently.
I often use it in the evening as it's faster than our in-house Opennet wifi.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:09 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 pm citizen 101 same as fotojurn on tof>
why post same threads?
Why not? Bigger audience, more responses. Sure you’ve posted the same thread on both forums before haven’t you?
Yeah sure he did, more than just once, and whatever the topic is on one or the other forum,or what's it all about... There's always that 95% certainty that he'll throw something Thailand related into the mix :stir:
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic