Difficulty extending visas for staff from certain countries

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Difficulty extending visas for staff from certain countries

Post by Username Taken »

"Passport holders from Afghanistan, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Sudan need a visa at an embassy prior to arriving."

http://www.projectvisa.com/visainformation/Cambodia

"Some nationalities are required to get visa in advance at Royal Embassy of Kingdom of Cambodia in their country: Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Nigeria."

http://www.tourismcambodia.com/tripplan ... ssport.htm

Maybe they need to go back to their country and apply for a new visa.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

If you are from Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka or Sudan you can't get a visa on arrival here. This puts one at the mercy of foreign consulates and embassies. That's the official line, but if you are from anywhere in Africa or the sub-continent you can expect a whole lot more scrutiny trying to enter this country. You can put this down to skin-color/ cultural prejudice or whatever you like, but either way it exists. We hear all about Nigerian drug traffickers here, while respectable Nigerians like the guy who set up Northbridge don't really make the news and are treated like criminals.
Anyway, good luck but there is an inherent prejudice here about dark skin, whether it's their sister or a bro from Africa - that's just the way it seems to be.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Might be just scuttlebut but I was told when the Un were here there were African troops in some areas and they got a reputation for being very naughty boys, which was allegedly why the Cambodians don't like Africans much. historian in the house?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:22 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:07 pm Nigerians and Ghanaians seem to be particularly singled out. maybe Kenyans as well. SR airport often denies EB visas on arrival
SR denied me Eb in Februuary 2014 because I did not have a job contract. Even offering a facility payment failed to get me anywhere. . Local agent told me it was something to do with the local governor and advised me to fly out and come in again at PP. I think that was beginning of the work permit confusions. Went to bkk, flew back into pp got Eb no problem

You can’t get an EB on Arrival...c’mon guys, sure I’ve explained this stuff enough times for yas already :ROFL:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

you used to get a 1 month one which you could extend. I was referring to 2014. just to make the point that Sr was awkward then. There have been people saying they are offered a 6 month EB at PP airport, no idea if it is true. My friend arrives next week so will ask him to try
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:09 pm Might be just scuttlebut but I was told when the Un were here there were African troops in some areas and they got a reputation for being very naughty boys, which was allegedly why the Cambodians don't like Africans much. historian in the house?
There were African colonial troops here back in the French era. As for the UNTAC the African troops (mainly from Ghana if I remember right) were far from the worst behaved of the various contingents. I think that honor might still be held by an eastern European nation.

Photo: Hopper Stone
Last edited by John Bingham on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:40 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:09 pm Might be just scuttlebut but I was told when the Un were here there were African troops in some areas and they got a reputation for being very naughty boys, which was allegedly why the Cambodians don't like Africans much. historian in the house?
There were African colonial troops here back in the French era. As for the UNTAC the African troops (mainly from Ghana if I remember right) were far from the worst behaved of the various contingents. I think that honor might still be held by a European nation.
Spill the beans :-) Who?
I heard the Africans were in the NE and took severe liberties with the ladies,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic