Riverside tuktuk driver arrested for drug dealing

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Riverside tuktuk driver arrested for drug dealing

Post by pczz »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 am
PIEMAN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 am :evil: Great news I think it's disgusting the way they offer you drugs,thinking every barang Is a dope head,I usually shout at the top of my voice ,No I do not want your drugs,that has a good effect on them.
You have not been around for too long yet, have you?
TIP - shhh don't say anything bad about drugs in an expat forum. You wioll get flamed when they come down off whatever it is they are addicted to and think should be legaised
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

pczz wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 am
PIEMAN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 am :evil: Great news I think it's disgusting the way they offer you drugs,thinking every barang Is a dope head,I usually shout at the top of my voice ,No I do not want your drugs,that has a good effect on them.
You have not been around for too long yet, have you?
TIP - shhh don't say anything bad about drugs in an expat forum. You wioll get flamed when they come down off whatever it is they are addicted to and think should be legaised
Oh, that's not even hat I meant. If I would shout 'at the top of my voice' every time a tuk tuk driver in Phnom Penh makes me an (drug / sex related) offer, I would frequent an ENT doc every week. I guess after a while you develop a blind spot for the guys, at least I did.
vm varga
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by vm varga »

Not for nothing, but I have been known to imbibe in a bit of puff from time to time.

As a cultured gentleman of good stock, I make it a point to only procure my vices surreptitiously. Both in manner and locale.

I hope that is recent arrest is not a harbinger of more stringent policies but merely a step in the right direction when it comes to the insufferable shitheads that skulk the area.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Its nit whete you procure it, its whete you take it. Pyff away as much as you like in private but not in public. Not everyone enjoys srcond hand pot
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

vm varga wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 am Not for nothing, but I have been known to imbibe in a bit of puff from time to time.

As a cultured gentleman of good stock, I make it a point to only procure my vices surreptitiously. Both in manner and locale.

I hope that is recent arrest is not a harbinger of more stringent policies but merely a step in the right direction when it comes to the insufferable shitheads that skulk the area.
Yes, discreetness is often overlooked, should you not be a danger to anyone or yourself (i.e., staggering, rowdy, skinny, etc.).

Not going into legality, as here, legality is still negotiable, minus a few major exceptions.

Note: in MY belief, most cops here are good, but like most, almost always misinterpreted.

When the Thai cops got the Canadian (?) with weed on the other thread, he was offered a quick way out, before the price or a stink was raised. He rudely refused (was he high?) and misinterpreted their offer: "Plead for a fine, or suffer long and much."

Often seen in the West under plea deals, community service crimes, time served, etc.

Technically, it may be (in the West), illegal, but many things in the West were made illegal.

I would consider it a "favor to a smart foreigner" -invest and pay taxes quickly **if guilty**. Pay and go, if possible. Nowadays, they may not let you go always.

If not guilty, prove yourself.

Honestly, I've had the money and paid on the spot traffic fines, no worries.

Beware, new gen cops are not "old school."

You ask for the law, it may smack you on your head, if you're not careful.
Last edited by SmartAston Martin on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Only one?

There are 5 or 6 guys that hang out on Sisowath in front of Happy Phnom Penh Pizza

I'm guessing someone didn't get their cut/ another crowd didn't like competition

ganja? Those guys sell everything
Andrew Nasia
Tourist

Post by Andrew Nasia »

vm varga wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 am Not for nothing, but I have been known to imbibe in a bit of puff from time to time.

Mmm, much preferred the mull of kintyre meself.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Lived above there for 2 years and from my balcony I observed it was a rare thing to see them ever perform tuktuk duties - they mostly were inter-related and cross breeding and large suppliers of children to sell shit to tourists day and night. One fat slag with 5 kids and a weasel faced husband who used to slap her upside the head with 1/2 a brick when he was pissed played cards in the back alley all day while her kids slogged it all over town.

The kids were quite a clique and once away from 178 didn't seem to diligent in their duties as sales ppl preferring to scam food and gamble on kick the thong.

A couple of the relatives were in jail mostly from selling bad drugs to barangs opp Sundance on 172 late at night

Nastiest scum in town and I wish they were all locked away.

I used to have coffee some mornings at the pizza guys place - nice fellow - and I asked him once how business was doing. He said not too good but some of the other places were doing OK. I explained that, as a foreigner, we preferred to eat at places that looked clean yet he allowed these local gypsies to pile about 100 disused polystyrene containers and associated crap in a pile on the gutter outside his restaurant so maybe that was a cause.

Two days later the reffos had got a big black bag and stuck their trash in it and his business picked up from then on - I got free coffee whenever I went there.

In regards to the guy caught - if he is related to the other scumbags it is a distant relation and he seemed to be one of the few decent guys in that beat
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

Rolled by last night on the scooter and got offered weed. Someone needs to educate these pinheads on the subject of subtlety.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

soup wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:54 am Rolled by last night on the scooter and got offered weed. Someone needs to educate these pinheads on the subject of subtlety.
The pinheads and the pothead. 2 bloody barang passing round an endless supply of pot spliffs last night on 51. Really pissing off the non potheads. Then a gendarmerie patrol went buy on a bike :-) next tike I think I will invite the gendarms for a beer and split the fine with them
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic