luy tuk doh /groom dowry /sin sod

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: sin sod

Post by prahocalypse now »

kocdim wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:25 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:22 pm lol
and dont forget u will be required to replace the dying buffalo, brothers education and dads second wife
I got intriguing by the joke. How many wife the Cambodian have? I thought usually 1?
If I were asked by a family of Cambodian Buddhists to pay for the replacement of a dead buffalo, I'd argue that it wasn't necessary because the dead buffalo will be reincarnated.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: luy tuk doh /groom dowry /sin sod

Post by that genius »

I love the name sin sod, it kind of warns you about what you are letting yourself in for, no? :)
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: luy tuk doh /groom dowry /sin sod

Post by that genius »

pczz wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:56 pm
that genius wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 pm Not sure if 'tribes' is an appropriate word to describe Khmers.
the politicaly correct term is probably "other ethnic groups"
I wasn't referring to PC, sorry. I don't have time for too much PC. I was referring to a biologically or ethnically more accurate term.

I'm not the go-to guy for PC stuff, LOL
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic