Dengue hemorrhagic fever

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 2101
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 370
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by pczz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am

Good luck. I guarantee you will feel worse after the appointment when you see the bill :plus1:
username
Expatriate
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 am
Reputation: 71
Cambodia

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by username » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:58 pm

pczz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am
Good luck. I guarantee you will feel worse after the appointment when you see the bill :plus1:
This.

I got a little more pragmatic during last evening and regretted making an appointment when I assessed my symptoms more carefully. But better safe than sorry.

Will get the blood results by tonight. I'll feel embarrassed about making this thread if they come back negative :facepalm:
User avatar
chorlton
Expatriate
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 pm
Reputation: 58
Location: Location Location
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by chorlton » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 pm

not at all your thread has been very informative
if.... I get dengue I'll be better prepared
:assasin:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Arget
Expatriate
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am
Reputation: 716
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Australia

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by Arget » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Whether you have it or not you are alive and had enough info and opinions to make a objective decision.


Never complain when you wake up in the morning, it is the best start to a new day. The other alternative is not good......
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 2807
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 435
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by cptrelentless » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:17 pm

There are four kinds of dengue, and each one is different enough that you don't get immunity. Bone-break fever is the bad one, one's like a cold, the others in-between. This is why they tell you to go home if you get an easy one. 6 weeks in hospital and the loss of four stone has been described to me.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 10377
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 1823
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by Username Taken » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 pm

username wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:58 pm
pczz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am
Good luck. I guarantee you will feel worse after the appointment when you see the bill :plus1:
This.

I got a little more pragmatic during last evening and regretted making an appointment when I assessed my symptoms more carefully. But better safe than sorry.

Will get the blood results by tonight. I'll feel embarrassed about making this thread if they come back negative :facepalm:
Update please. Test results?
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
username
Expatriate
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 am
Reputation: 71
Cambodia

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by username » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Username Taken wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 pm
username wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:58 pm
pczz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am
Good luck. I guarantee you will feel worse after the appointment when you see the bill :plus1:
This.

I got a little more pragmatic during last evening and regretted making an appointment when I assessed my symptoms more carefully. But better safe than sorry.

Will get the blood results by tonight. I'll feel embarrassed about making this thread if they come back negative :facepalm:
Update please. Test results?
Not dengue :hattip:
Don't know what it was, but I'm getting better.
Thanks for all responses and concerns. You guys are great!
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11289
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 1999
United States of America

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by frank lee bent » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:20 pm

probably HIV
:-)
User avatar
Kayve
Expatriate
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am
Reputation: 136
Cambodia

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by Kayve » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:21 pm

frank lee bent wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:20 pm
probably HIV
:-)
That's optimistic ! :stir:
Don't forget the water buffalo
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 2101
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 370
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Dengue hemorrhagic fever

Post by pczz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Aussie flu?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dtrivedi, SINUS, Soriya and 168 guests