Ethnic Vietnamese

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Ethnic Vietnamese

Post by that genius »

Andrea4714 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:58 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:53 pm yes, at least on the left
Home Vietnamese are on the ground or water? Because walking down the street for her house and to get to the water is very difficult, because on the ground are at home.

In these houses live on the ground, Khmer or Vietamese?
Andrea, does your surname begin with a C?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Home Vietnamese are on the ground or water? Because walking down the street for her house and to get to the water is very difficult, because on the ground are at home.

Both, There are many areas in the city that are predominantly Vietnamese, I have spent a lot of time in Chbar Ampou for example 20 years ago because my wife's family at the time was from there. Russeie Kaev is another area, but why do you think people will have the time to waste talking to you? If you go to these areas, people that work at night will be asleep and those working in the day will of course be busy, and wont really have the time for idle gossip.

There are many phở stalls around the city as other posters have mentioned. If you are buying the vendors may spare some time talking to you between serving. In the hostess bars any Vietnamese hostess will be more than happy to chat with you if you are buying drinks. If you have no other reason to converse with Vietnamese people other than practice your language I suggest you stick to the latter two and don't attempt to waste their time.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

^ grumpy old bugger.
Andrea4714
Tourist
Belgium

Post by Andrea4714 »

Kuroneko wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 pm Both, There are many areas in the city that are predominantly Vietnamese, I have spent a lot of time in Chbar Ampou for example 20 years ago because my wife's family at the time was from there. Russeie Kaev is another area, but why do you think people will have the time to waste talking to you? If you go to these areas, people that work at night will be asleep and those working in the day will of course be busy, and wont really have the time for idle gossip.

There are many phở stalls around the city as other posters have mentioned. If you are buying the vendors may spare some time talking to you between serving. In the hostess bars any Vietnamese hostess will be more than happy to chat with you if you are buying drinks. If you have no other reason to converse with Vietnamese people other than practice your language I suggest you stick to the latter two and don't attempt to waste their time.
You found his Vietnamese wife in the slums of Phnom Penh?

As you marry her, if they are ethnic Vietnamese and they have no documents. Is it possible to find Venasque wife in the slums of Phnom Penh? I don't think that Vietnamese girl who lives in the slums of Phnom Penh agreed to marry the foreigner. Or am I wrong?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Kuroneko wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Both, There are many areas in the city that are predominantly Vietnamese, I have spent a lot of time in Chbar Ampou for example 20 years ago because my wife's family at the time was from there. Russeie Kaev is another area, but why do you think people will have the time to waste talking to you? If you go to these areas, people that work at night will be asleep and those working in the day will of course be busy, and wont really have the time for idle gossip.

Er the only thing Cambodians are busty at most of the day is playing facebook and idle gossip
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Hello Andrea4714. Call me simple, but I got me 93 million Vietnamese speakers over here in Vietnam. Go for the southern dialect, although the Central Highlands dialect is nicer. Just a 5-6 hour bus ride to Saigon.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Busty Khmer are probably Vietnamese...

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:08 am
Er the only thing Cambodians are busty at most of the day is playing facebook and idle gossip
Yes but we are talking about the Vietnamese here not Cambodians. :D
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 am
pczz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:08 am
Yes but we are talking about the Vietnamese here not Cambodians. :D
To be fair I don't think there is any diference. There are numerous Khmer and Vietnamese restaurants on 113. They have a mad hour at lunch, another at tea time and the rest of the time they are too busy playing on their phones or chatting to notice you unless you throw a handgrenade
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Andrea4714 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:20 am
You found his Vietnamese wife in the slums of Phnom Penh?

As you marry her, if they are ethnic Vietnamese and they have no documents. Is it possible to find Venasque wife in the slums of Phnom Penh? I don't think that Vietnamese girl who lives in the slums of Phnom Penh agreed to marry the foreigner. Or am I wrong?
She was actually Vietnamese Chinese and had all necessary documents. You aught to go and rent an apartment in the "slums" there they are quite tolerable really, and you would be in the right area to practice your language :D

The property in the slums is not all that bad really. You can check out some Chbar Ampov property to buy/rent here: http://www.lambdakh.com/listing/link-ho ... hnom-penh/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic