BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Joker Poker »

Seconded!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:Yup, still having to click " return me to the forum last visited" after every single post. Whoever set the timer to 10 seconds + needs to rethink that.

When I submit a post, can you please make it so it just takes me to my submitted post or at least back to the forum I was viewing.

Thanks guys.
for the 5th time, no.

i can make the timer a little shorter, but again... not everyone uses it like you do. i for one don't, and it would be annoying. sometimes as i'm clicking submit i want to see the post i just made, others i know it was the last thread in the forum so i want to go back to the main list, others i want to go to the forum. i prefer to be able to take that step on a page with all 3 options, just like pretty much every other phpbb forum in the world. i'm fine with adjusting the timer shorter than 10 (which is the default... so the developers are the ones who set it that way because nothing is more annoying than being about to click a link only to have the page snatched out from under you), but it probably shouldn't be less than 5.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote:.. but it probably shouldn't be less than 5.
How about 4 seconds...

Surely you can decide what page you want to go to next within 4 seconds, LoL..

I also use it like the others mentioned... hit submit, and then wait around until it takes me back to the thread..

Can we set it to 4, and see if anyone complains about that?

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

I'd probably complain... I use a mouse.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Mm - does your four seconds allow for the download time on a screen refresh for a slower (mobile) connection?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:Mm - does your four seconds allow for the download time on a screen refresh for a slower (mobile) connection?
no, it wouldn't. that's part of the issue. it starts when the page begins to load, not when it ends.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote:I'd probably complain... I use a mouse.
Anyone else?

Ok, 5 seconds...

Just try it. Never try, never know.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

I am with the Dragon, as I really do not understand techie stuff but he obviously he does. I know and trust he listens but then considers and makes the, so far, best calls.

What is important is he and that military bloke, both listen, they do and that is 'a small step for them but a a giant step for forumkind'

Sometimes , you just gotta trust the techies, even though we have no idea what the fu*k they are talking about

:bow:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Any idea on why my smileys and bold text don't work? I have googled etc, but no answers. I have smileys enabled in the control panel. I had disabled the FIFA feed , which stopped them, but enabling it again didn't restart the smileys.
Thanks.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

UKJ wrote:Any idea on why my smileys and bold text don't work? I have googled etc, but no answers. I have smileys enabled in the control panel. I had disabled the FIFA feed , which stopped them, but enabling it again didn't restart the smileys.
Thanks.
The work on this end...

Do you mean adding them, or viewing ones others have added?

8-) :mrgreen: :!: :Yahoo!:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic