Frenchman SEBASTIEN MILLOX Assaults Khmer Girl

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Foreigner Assaults Khmer Girl

Post by PIEMAN »

:evil: I believe the girl works o n 104st
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:07 pm Don’t even think about calling me a Kiwi or I will beat your ass.
I don't care if you beat my donkey but just stay away from my sheep.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

PIEMAN wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:44 pm :evil: I believe the girl works o n 104st
Yes, at Bunny Bar.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:10 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm are frog,pom, and yank racist terms? kraut, jap, and the totally verboten N word all seem to be on someone's crybaby list nowadays
Jap is offensive? must be an american thing,

i don't see how calling someone from Japan a Jap any different from calling someone from Britain a Brit or someone from Saudi Arabia an Arab,

i know in the west the word Chinky can be racially used to describe anyone of East Asian decent, and has its history of being offensive (probably started off as an American thing from when they went to work the mines or something?) in Northern England we call a Chinese Restaurant/Take away a "Chinky" and theres nothing racial about it,

in England id say the most racial slur using the country name is the obvious Paki, which is used to racially describe anyone of South Asian decent and even Middle Eastern

it confuses me how calling someone from the country they come from is still classed as offensive, or ever was

i see words like rag head, shoe bomber, golly wog, nigger, spade, ting tong, abbo, cracker etc etc as more offensive racial slurs than just calling someone by the country they come from,

im not sure how frog, pom and yank can be classed as racial slurs terms when its 9/10 a white person saying it to another white person??
if an auzzy calls me a pom ill just call them a bogan i dont see the big deal tbh maybe im just not sensitive enough to take offense,

should i take offense if a Cambodian calls me a Barrang (Frenchman) when im in fact Anglais (English) or a Borotes (Foreigner)?? is that not racist too? :stir:

i think its sad even here in Cambodia where the darker skinned Khmers feel of less worth than their whiter counterparts due to the discrimination
Jap, Gook, Chink...they're all derogatory words.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

prahocalypse now wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:07 pm Don’t even think about calling me a Kiwi or I will beat your ass.
But she was batting her eyelids at me all seductive like.....
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

kiwiincambodia wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm
prahocalypse now wrote:
But she was batting her eyelids at me all seductive like.....
Oh, it was a she this time.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ronny wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:26 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm are frog,pom, and yank racist terms? kraut, jap, and the totally verboten N word all seem to be on someone's crybaby list nowadays

i don't see how calling someone from Japan a Jap any different from calling someone from Britain a Brit or someone from Saudi Arabia an Arab,

i know in the west the word Chinky can be racially used to describe anyone of East Asian decent, and has its history of being offensive (probably started off as an American thing from when they went to work the mines or something?) in Northern England we call a Chinese Restaurant/Take away a "Chinky" and theres nothing racial about it,

in England id say the most racial slur using the country name is the obvious Paki, which is used to racially describe anyone of South Asian decent and even Middle Eastern

it confuses me how calling someone from the country they come from is still classed as offensive, or ever was

i see words like rag head, shoe bomber, golly wog, nigger, spade, ting tong, abbo, cracker etc etc as more offensive racial slurs than just calling someone by the country they come from,

im not sure how frog, pom and yank can be classed as racial slurs terms when its 9/10 a white person saying it to another white person??
if an auzzy calls me a pom ill just call them a bogan i dont see the big deal tbh maybe im just not sensitive enough to take offense,

should i take offense if a Cambodian calls me a Barrang (Frenchman) when im in fact Anglais (English) or a Borotes (Foreigner)?? is that not racist too? :stir:

i think its sad even here in Cambodia where the darker skinned Khmers feel of less worth than their whiter counterparts due to the discrimination
how is Jap derogatory when its just a shortened down version of Japan? i don't see how someone could take offense if i called someone from Japan a Jap

as i said... must be an American thing,
Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese".
Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries,
although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive.
In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term very controversial or extremely offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.[1]
In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Ronny wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:26 pm

how is Jap derogatory when its just a shortened down version of Japan? i don't see how someone could take offense if i called someone from Japan a Jap

as i said... must be an American thing,
Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese".
Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries,
although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive.
In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term very controversial or extremely offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.[1]
In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap
Its offensive in Canada and Japan as well. I think the Japanese people get to decide what constitutes a slur imo
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

offence is taken not given

this offended stuff needs wound down its just a pathetic tool to stop discussion & fake superiority like shouting bigot, racist or similar.
we can tell the intent difference in real prejudice & this (jap) isn't it

go to Japfest in the UK and nobody cares
:hattip:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

The Flippers seem to think it's ok. Look at this restaurant in Manila: Big Jap Resto
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic