Scooter rentals in Phnom penh?

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
TRK
Tourist
Australia

Scooter rentals in Phnom penh?

Post by TRK »

Recommendations on best place to rent scooters in Phnom penh please.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Scooter rentals in Phnom penh?

Post by pczz »

TRK wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:36 pm Recommendations on best place to rent scooters in Phnom penh please.
Depends if you want cheap or reliable. Lucky does cheap ones for long term. I use victory on the odd occasion i need one. they have better bikes and when we had a breakdown they were out in an hour with a replacement. Whoever you go to check tires, brakes, lights, horn and oil level cos their is no cambodian word for "maintenance"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

pczz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:09 am
TRK wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:36 pm Recommendations on best place to rent scooters in Phnom penh please.
Depends if you want cheap or reliable. Lucky does cheap ones for long term. I use victory on the odd occasion i need one. they have better bikes and when we had a breakdown they were out in an hour with a replacement. Whoever you go to check tires, brakes, lights, horn and oil level cos their is no cambodian word for "maintenance"
the bikes at Lucky are shite
im renting a new honda wave for $80 a month from Victory, brilliant bike
street 15
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Might also want to check out EMC on St 322 near corner St 63 in BKK1.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

To be fair, I've been on a lucky ride for several months. I took it in yesterday to see about getting the oil topped up. It started to stall on me the previous night.

The mamasan at lucky had the mech basically overhaul the bike. The ripped the forks off and put in new dampers, I think, installed brake pads, changed the fluids and gave it a bath. Starts, runs, drives and stops. :bow:
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

Check out Susie's motos on facebook. They operate out of Brooklyn Pizza st 123. No passport or cash deposit.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

soup wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 am To be fair, I've been on a lucky ride for several months. I took it in yesterday to see about getting the oil topped up. It started to stall on me the previous night.

The mamasan at lucky had the mech basically overhaul the bike. The ripped the forks off and put in new dampers, I think, installed brake pads, changed the fluids and gave it a bath. Starts, runs, drives and stops. :bow:
Unlike th previous few months :stir: Quality service
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

I can recommend for scooter rental http://emcmotorbikerental.com/en and http://www.angkormotorcycles.com/.
Angkormotorcycles has scooters, but they have also lots of 250cc bikes for rent.
Kushakai
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Kushakai »

I can also vouch for susies moto. Excellent service and very helpful. Paid 22$ for a week with no deposit and no passport hold. Guy who runs it is also a genuinely nice guy.
Daniel Gillard
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Daniel Gillard »

Just finishing a one-month rental with Lucky Lucky Motorcycles on Monivong. As Jamie's indicated - not good.

I had to take two of their bikes back, first an Air Blade, then a Click. The Air Blade kept cutting out at about 40kph and the Honda Click they gave me, the front wheel was on the verge of falling off and the engine sounded it like it was trying to take flight. They spent 10 minutes trying to convince me that there was nothing wrong with either bike - now I know I can look a bit daft sometimes, but honestly, c'mon(!), and then the lady running the place offered me a third Air Blade that actually has two working brakes, two tyres pointing in the same direction, a completely non-functional speedometer and odometer (fine, whatever) and one of the two mirrors actually doesn't have a huge crack down the middle, but she wanted $10 extra for the month because it's such a good bike in her opinion! I told her no way, the price stays the same and it should be me charging them $10 for my troubles! I said it with a smile and a laugh and she backed down gracefully - such is the way of things. Always best to smile, laugh, and keep saying no in as many different ways as possible...works with Lucky Lucky, works with the police, works with the bank, etc. etc.

They're a nice enough staff team to chat with but I won't be renting from them again - their bikes are frankly dangerous. I'm glad I'm an experienced driver because if I wasn't, those first two bikes could have gotten me seriously injured or worse. I try not to complain about service in Cambodia (to be honest, 99% of my interactions with companies here are hassle-free and friendly), and I appreciate that they're trying to run a business, but when customer safety isn't properly prioritised, it crosses a line that I think people should know about. There's plenty of innocent/naive tourists in the city, one of whom could get hurt or end up taking out a local. Nonetheless, if Lucky Lucky ever sort their bikes out, I'll wish them good lucky lucky.

Based on the recommendations on this thread, I'll be giving Susie's a visit in the next couple of days. Just in the middle of getting my 12 month visa renewed with work, so their no passport requirement is a godsend by the sound of it. Thanks for the recommendation guys!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic