FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by EdinWigan »

Joon wrote:I disagree with a number of your points, but I will dissect your post in our planned Skype call.
Maybe this weekend when I am at the beach. J/K :P

Well that isn't very open or transparant, is it ?

:facepalm:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Joon wrote:I disagree with a number of your points, but I will dissect your post in our planned Skype call.
Maybe this weekend when I am at the beach. J/K :P
Skype call from the beach? Yes yes yes! Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Soi Dog wrote:Better yet, move all K440 related threads to the VIP section, so each person has to specifically request for access to read those posts. :thumb:
WHY??? so they can chose who can view it.
doesn't sound like transparency to me

When will this forum get its on live,
so far;
it basically either duplicates post on k44
or attacks those on it
or continually talks about the sale of

who the fuck cares??? ( guess lots of you all do but the number of pages about it)

My $.05 worth, going to be very hard to keep this forum going as there just is not that much difference between the two in content
and in the world online

CONTENT IS KING
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Bounce rate - 1.8 times the number reported.
In May, we reported a bounce rate of 17.54%. This should be 31.

sounds rather high for a forum site.

an idea why? usually forum's have a very low bounce rate for sales site those are good numbers but for a forum .....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

phuketrichard wrote:57

sounds rather high for a forum site.

an idea why?
Lack of content maybe? Image

Can someone provide success stories of other forums like us that have instantly gained so much momentum?

I think most people, myself included, have been shocked by the success/impact CEO has already had in the market here. No doubt we have room for improvement, but we're off to a great start! Again, I would assume ANYONE would call a discussion forum that's only 2½ months old a baby, and wouldn't expect it to already be fully mature.

We even have a Thailand section that's active, and we appreciate your participation in there a lot.

I wish you would try to focus a little more on the positive aspects of CEO rather than the negative.

My 2 cents.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yes u have seen some success;
but give credit where credit due
without K440, ( be those that posted there or knew about it) CEO would not have 25% the posters it has

Like i said CEO need to find its identity that separates it from k440 not just that one can say what they want without fear on being banned but new content.

I always focus on the negativity as then when it becomes a success, i am happy, yet if it fails, i am not disappointed!!
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

I hope that those who do not feel like there is enough valuable content about the things they are passionate about will start a few new threads about those topics! I, for one, never knew there was such a market for waterfowl posts but I was pleasantly surprised. You might be, too. Image
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

phuketrichard wrote: ...but give credit where credit due
without K440, ( be those that posted there or knew about it) CEO would not have 25% the posters it has...
Agreed. I'm very thankful.

phuketrichard wrote:
Like i said CEO need to find its identity that separates it from k440 not just that one can say what they want without fear on being banned but new content.
Agreed, but besides for a few flare-ups, we've come a long way of forgetting K440 in less than 3 months.
phuketrichard wrote:
I always focus on the negativity as then when it becomes a success, i am happy, yet if it fails, i am not disappointed!!
LoL, we'll I guess that makes you a weird, sporadic optimist. That works!

And again, the CEO admit sets the ground rules, but it's the community that decides what threads fall to the bottom of the page with no comments, or continually get commented on and bumped right back up to the top. The community has spoken. This thread is interesting to many.

This thread has created enough interest so far to still be alive, so let it be.

*shrug*

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

General Mackevili wrote:And again, the CEO admit sets the ground rules, but it's the community that decides what threads fall to the bottom of the page with no comments, or continually get commented on and bumped right back up to the top. The community has spoken. This thread is interesting to many.

This thread has created enough interest so far to still be alive, so let it be.

*shrug*
Indeed. I have to say that it's not just "content" that makes a forum but also and maybe essentially its members' personalities and dynamics.

According to my experience of hanging out in forums, a community forum such as this one will thrive and fall thanks to or because of its members.

K440 has built up an ambivalent notoriety over the years and this was done through its people.

CEO is still very young, and thus immature. Its members have different and specific ideas of where they want the forum to head to and so they will clash. Again, I am personally not demanding people to stop expressing themselves, but if someone says something I find unfair or dishonest, I will point it out and hope that the person will admit it or at least understand it.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

giblet wrote:I hope that those who do not feel like there is enough valuable content about the things they are passionate about will start a few new threads about those topics!
Exactly! ! Everyone should feel encouraged to start threads about whatever topics they find interesting! Others night find them interesting too!
Joon wrote:
Again, I am personally not demanding people to stop expressing themselves, but if someone says something I find unfair or dishonest, I will point it out and hope that the person will admit it or at least understand it.
Amen! We have to have members that have different points of view here! It's encouraged! That's pretty much the basis for an online discussion forum. Image

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic