Twat Tattooing Theravadan Thwarted

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: Twat Tattooing Theravadan Thwarted

Post by chorlton »

RogueAnt wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:50 pm
chorlton wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 pm the topic is sexual assault by systems that demand celibacy
What does celibacy have to do with his sadistic behaviour?
The monk took three lit incense sticks to burn a symbol on the victim’s vagina in order to expel the supposed bad luck.
sexual assault by 3000+ from one group
undocumented qty from another
both groups mandate celibacy

I provided links but you need to make your own conclusions
im not telling you what to think, im offering facts for consideration
sex is natural, abstaining isn't (imo only) & I feel celibacy creates a tension/trigger to the "sadistic" acts as you call them

:thumb:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

chorlton wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:10 pm
chorlton wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 pm the topic is sexual assault by systems that demand celibacy
The monk took three lit incense sticks to burn a symbol on the victim’s vagina in order to expel the supposed bad luck.

sex is natural, abstaining isn't (imo only) & I feel celibacy creates a tension/trigger to the "sadistic" acts as you call them

There was no sexual assault. You seem to be steering us off topic.

Three lit incense sticks are used in many traditional ceremonies for exorcising bad spirits.

Perhaps you should wait till you've been here for awhile before you tell us and all locals about your beliefs.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:23 pm
chorlton wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:10 pm

There was no sexual assault. You seem to be steering us off topic.

Three lit incense sticks are used in many traditional ceremonies for exorcising bad spirits.

Perhaps you should wait till you've been here for awhile before you tell us and all locals about your beliefs.
as I said to another member today : I have NO beliefs

I need no time anywhere to know what sexual assault is as it remains constant globally
the husbands reaction & police confirm its assault through coercion under the guise of a cure/fix/procedure that you know isn't proven in any way

PLEASE stop making this about me or beliefs......please?
I've gone out my way to NOT make this about beliefs, given numerous links to corroborate statements & spoken entirely factually despite several personal attacks

nobody is telling anyone
ive actually stated the very opposite above & more than once today

there is a comment above that's overtly anti belief you've ignored & I don't think youre being very fair to me actually

:salut:
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

So you believe it was sexual assault? Is that right?
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:58 pm So you believe it was sexual assault? Is that right?
again: I have NO beliefs

you're not even remotely fair now & again just repeat false claims of belief that don't exist

goodnight
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

chorlton wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:33 am I'm not aware of any reference to "bad luck moles" or "magic" in Buddhism
So you don't believe that Cambodian Buddhists care about moles or magic?
It's great that you take such a pragmatic approach to religion, but the reality is that the ancient beliefs of the region still remain.

If you wander about a bit you'll notice some pretty bizarre (to western-thinking) shrines around. I'm not talking about the household Chinese style household shrines or even the spirit houses. I mean the weird things made out of leaves and bananas etc that are left for the spirits at crossroads and at special trees and streams. Sometimes they look like a Bento Box, except you know that the person who left them probably didn't have a bean to spare. The point is that Cambodians aren't necessarily Buddhist any more than Europeans are Christian. They are all just people, and it just so happens that they are very superstitious people here. People shouldn't blame the monks for all the underlying ills of society. Monks are just men who come from that society, some for a short visit, others for longer. Some of the best and worst Cambodians have been monks at some stage in their lives. At the same time there are monks who have been very dedicated for all their lives.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:53 am
chorlton wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:33 am I'm not aware of any reference to "bad luck moles" or "magic" in Buddhism
So you don't believe that Cambodian Buddhists care about moles or magic?
It's great that you take such a pragmatic approach to religion, but the reality is that the ancient beliefs of the region still remain.

If you wander about a bit you'll notice some pretty bizarre (to western-thinking) shrines around. I'm not talking about the household Chinese style household shrines or even the spirit houses. I mean the weird things made out of leaves and bananas etc that are left for the spirits at crossroads and at special trees and streams. Sometimes they look like a Bento Box, except you know that the person who left them probably didn't have a bean to spare. The point is that Cambodians aren't necessarily Buddhist any more than Europeans are Christian. They are all just people, and it just so happens that they are very superstitious people here. People shouldn't blame the monks for all the underlying ills of society. Monks are just men who come from that society, some for a short visit, others for longer. Some of the best and worst Cambodians have been monks at some stage in their lives. At the same time there are monks who have been very dedicated for all their lives.
Thanks John.
I've said already I have NO beliefs

Its great when we can discuss a topic without it descending into negative assumptions of others understandings on it. :thumb:
One doesn't need to be a buddhist, muslim, hindu, christian, jew, mormon, scientologist, pastafarian or JW to study them.
We can all read their teachings & we can all see both positive messages & negative/falsehoods too.
It's unhealthy to ignore the latter & harmful to leave it unchallenged.
We only talk unlike the 13 countries I mentioned earlier that murder those who refuse to obey/follow/believe/worship
:good:
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic