I need a piece of tin...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by epidemiks »

soup wrote:
pczz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:41 am
soup wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am
soup wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am
Do you mind telling me what CNM is?
https://www.facebook.com/cnmcambodia/
I don't do fuckbook or used car dealers. Thanks anyway.
I agree about fuckbook but used car dealers do this all the time and will do it quicker, more reliably and cheaper(usually cos thye have a relative in the department). otherwise try a visa agent or lucky then and pay twice as much to call the used car dealer and pay him to do it for them! up to you
I got a quote from Lucky for 120 and, supposedly CNM is 200. I'll stick with Lucky. Thanks
Please let us know if lucky deliver at that price.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

soup wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:48 am
pczz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:41 am
soup wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am
soup wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am
Do you mind telling me what CNM is?
https://www.facebook.com/cnmcambodia/
I don't do fuckbook or used car dealers. Thanks anyway.
I agree about fuckbook but used car dealers do this all the time and will do it quicker, more reliably and cheaper(usually cos thye have a relative in the department). otherwise try a visa agent or lucky then and pay twice as much to call the used car dealer and pay him to do it for them! up to you
I got a quote from Lucky for 120 and, supposedly CNM is 200. I'll stick with Lucky. Thanks
That's good price. just check it whe it comes back. My docs had wrong engine number!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'm slightly confused here.

The OP stated his/her/its plate was stolen and he was being quoted $120 to get it replaced.

But the last page has been accounts of how much it costs to transfer ownership and register a vehicle for the first time, not how much stolen numberplate replacement should cost.

If the vehicle is in his name it should cost around $50, max, to get it sorted.

If it is not, then the info provided over the past page is valid, plus cost of a replacement plate.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Jerry Atrick wrote:I'm slightly confused here.

The OP stated his/her/its plate was stolen and he was being quoted $120 to get it replaced.

But the last page has been accounts of how much it costs to transfer ownership and register a vehicle for the first time, not how much stolen numberplate replacement should cost.

If the vehicle is in his name it should cost around $50, max, to get it sorted.

If it is not, then the info provided over the past page is valid, plus cost of a replacement plate.
The 120-200 prices refer to car registration, a slight detour from the OP's question.

Replacing a plate on a bike should be far cheaper, assuming the bike is on his name. Not sure if it's possible to do if not in his name.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic