Cadillac's $5 Friday is a Total Rip-Off

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Re: Cadillac's $5 Friday is a Total Rip-Off

Post by Rain Dog »

Those photos are admittedly pathetic, but I dropped last week and was actually impressed. I had the chicken fried steak, and my friend had a loc Lac and the portions were generous and the quality good.

Nothing against lone star but i really hope this forum does not mimic a certain other forum when it comes to praising advertisers and slagging competitors.

Is cavern open for breakfast?

Maybe a featured article on pp's "best brunch" ... Which just happens to be ...
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Well, I was planning on Cadillac for Saturday, never going there now.Ever.

Lonestar is great value, regardless of contacts etc.

Cavern rules the breakfast, Lonestar rules the coffee, imho, but Robby is opening something new soon, let's see.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Expatriate

Post by 104 »

The evening meals sound a tad disappointing but I hear the breakast is gargantuan
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Rain Dog wrote:... i really hope this forum does not mimic a certain other forum when it comes to praising advertisers and slagging competitors.
Don't worry, we won't. But it's laughable, really.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Wow that's laughable...
Yeah, I wouldn't have been so harsh, BUT it was brought to the owner's attention, and he acknowledged the problem and did nothing.

Everyone always says, "Well, did you talk to the owner first before shaming them online?"

Yes, I did.

I even said, "oh, that's fine, it will just be on the internet tomorrow, LoL."
104 wrote:The evening meals sound a tad disappointing but I hear the breakast is gargantuan
Ha! Glad to see we have another smartass aboard! Image

It's all rather ironic too because this used to be a place well known for its huge portions, under previous ownership.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

General Mackevili wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:The chicken parm serving looks more reasonable for $5. The tiny serving of fries with the ribs should cause some embarrassment, though.
Yeah, if I had gotten that somewhere for $5, I would have been cool with it, but I wouldn't have been like, "Damn! This is a $10 plate! What a deal! !"

And for comparison, I ate at LoneStar today (shameless plug).

This ain't no "Friday special" either, it's on the regular menu everyday for $7.

It's obviously rib-central for Phnom Penh, as 2 other patrons were digging in.

Sometimes I can finish it, but not today. 2 sides of your choice. I got fried okra and coleslaw.

Falling off the fucking bone! ! That's what you should get when you order "ribs" at a western restaurant.
I heard good things about Lonestar. When I was in PP, before my child was born. I asked a tuk tuk on the riverside to take me there, he replied 'skoul' (I know) in affirmative. He didnt have a clue! Even stopped to ask his tuk-tuk buddy...he seemed confused also, so I gave up after a few circle around the blocks.

Anyway, I cant remember the last time I had a decent western food. The rib looks incredibly delicious; will try to find the place again in the next visit.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

thanks for the nice review. +1 not a place to go to

about that breakfast pic - was that the same place or?

I suspected prisoners get a better breakfast than that.
Flexnez
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Flexnez »

Pizzalover wrote: I suspected prisoners get a better breakfast than that.

Not in Cambodia, unless they have their own resources to supplement the 0.50 US$ per day the General Department of Prison spend on food for each prisoner.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

General Mackevili wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:... i really hope this forum does not mimic a certain other forum when it comes to praising advertisers and slagging competitors.
Don't worry, we won't. But it's laughable, really.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Wow that's laughable...
Yeah, I wouldn't have been so harsh, BUT it was brought to the owner's attention, and he acknowledged the problem and did nothing.

Everyone always says, "Well, did you talk to the owner first before shaming them online?"

Yes, I did.

I even said, "oh, that's fine, it will just be on the internet tomorrow, LoL."
104 wrote:The evening meals sound a tad disappointing but I hear the breakast is gargantuan
Ha! Glad to see we have another smartass aboard! Image

It's all rather ironic too because this used to be a place well known for its huge portions, under previous ownership.
That looks half the size when Kenny ran the place and most likely same price, Guess he needs recoup his investment back before they rebuild riverside
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic