Alipay, Pi Pay partner for mobile payments in Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Alipay, Pi Pay partner for mobile payments in Cambodia

Post by Abc123 »

Alipay, Pi Pay partner for mobile payments in Cambodia.

Thursday 28 December 2017 | 11:54 AM CET

Alipay has partnered with Pi Pay, a Cambodia-based mobile payments company, to provide a new payment option for merchants in the country.

As a part of the agreement, Pi Pay’s merchants will be able to implement Alipay as a payment option, exploiting the potential of a high number of Chinese tourists visiting Cambodia. Pi Pay’s network includes over 1,400 businesses, including dining, fashion, spas and other tourist-friendly locations.

Around one million tourists have visited Cambodia from China in the first 210 months of 2017. The mobile payments company registered over 168,000 downloads accounting for USD 27 million US spent so far.

https://www.thepaypers.com/mobile-payme ... adlines%29
mrfusion
Tourist
Macau

Re: Alipay, Pi Pay partner for mobile payments in Cambodia

Post by mrfusion »

People only use Pi Pay because of the discount, I heard Pi Pay will pay the vendor about half the discount amount, so while business suppose to make additional sales, just less profit.
What do Pi-Pay get in return, how will Pi Pay make a profit.

It is also very inefficient compare to cash, cashier has to enter the amount manually into the pipay device, and customer has to enter the phone/password manually.

I never used AliPay before, is it that inefficient.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Pi Pay is also a pain in the ass to set up. It has a ton of issues, I installed it then uninstalled it within an hour. Constantly making ringing noises while my phone was on both vibrate and silent, photo upload crashed the app, etc. I sent in very specific complaints and got the usual email, please tell us your complaints. No need for it at this point imo.
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

Ugh, the ticket line at Legend Cinema took forever, because everyone in front of me were using Pi Pay.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic