FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by JBTrain »

Joon wrote:Just saying I agree with BC. There's a clique forming on CEO and either you're not aware of it or ignoring it. But I've learned my lesson and will just step back.
Agreed. Have become very disappointed at the focus on 440 rather than meaningful content (save Giblet's duck posts). Still hoping it gets better. But to call 440 cliquish would be the height of hypocrisy.
Using Tapatalk
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Agreed. This forum initially provided a release valve in response to years of frustration with not being able to raise certain issues on Khmer440. Grievances were aired. I don't think it should now evolve into a permanent, indulgent bitch session.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Why don't those of you so continually exasperated and bored by the "focus on K440" ignore the couple of threads dedicated to that subject and instead spend your time starting new, original and interesting threads here on subjects you feel worthy of discussion? There are hundreds (>1200) of other threads on CEO to choose from already, and you can always start new ones.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Soi Dog wrote:BC - The only promise that was ever made about CEO being any different was that there would be no double standard as to who's posts would be allowed, moderated or deleted. The same rules are to apply equally to everyone. That difference is obviously not noteworthy to you, and that's fine. It means quite a bit to most of the rest of us.
I don't agree Soi Dog - the essence of GMs invitation by PM to join CEO was this..... (at risk of publishing an excerpt from a PM)
GM a while ago wrote: Also, feel free to come check out our new site! We already have quite a few K440 users over there, so join the fun!

We actually want to have a fun forum with the expats here, but without all the negativity you sometimes find on K440........
And it is NOT an anti-K440 forum, just a new forum that we plan to run a little differently. Now you have a new choice!

In the welcoming thread this appeared.......
General Mackevili wrote:
ExPenhMan wrote:
But in a more positive tone . . . I can feel this is a friendlier environment largely due to the organizers' start line declaration that the worst shit stops here. Amen!

Cambodia needs a good expat forum.

Best of luck to CEO's organizers.
Thanks, that's our goal!

Fuck negativity! Image
I'm not sure if the goal is being met or that this is not an anti-k440 forum!
Soi Dog wrote:Why don't those of you so continually exasperated by the "focus on K440" ignore the couple of threads dedicated to that subject and instead spend your time starting new, original and interesting threads here on subjects you feel worthy of discussion? There are hundreds (>1200) of other threads on CEO to choose from already, but you can always start your own.

Sure we all have a choice - but I use the timeline news feed on tapatalk and so every new post is somehow K440 negativity (yes yes, so this will also push this up the top again - I know I know)....... could ignore, but many of the other post except for "where can I buy" are on the other site anyway!
Last edited by Born-Confused on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

OD - Is it possible to remove the Asinine section from the tapatalk timeline news feed, so anyone who wants to read the 2 or 3 K440 bashing threads has to actively seek them out?
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Soi Dog wrote:OD - Is it possible to remove the Asinine section from the tapatalk timeline news feed, so anyone who wants to read the 2 or 3 K440 bashing threads has to actively seek them out?
Probably not a bad idea - and perhaps Soi Dogs posts coz every time one sees it, they will see his signature line (I jest I jest) :beer:
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Better yet, move all K440 related threads to the VIP section, so each person has to specifically request for access to read those posts. :thumb:
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Born-Confused wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:OD - Is it possible to remove the Asinine section from the tapatalk timeline news feed, so anyone who wants to read the 2 or 3 K440 bashing threads has to actively seek them out?
Probably not a bad idea - and perhaps Soi Dogs posts coz every time one sees it, they will see his signature line (I jest I jest) :beer:
Soi Dog, it's not because it's "buried" and "hidden" that it doesn't exist.
CEO admins are doing their best not to repeat the mistakes of K440 and their approach has been to use their moderation powers well, in moderation.
But at the same time, they and their approach allow dogpiling on whoever has a different and/or opposite opinion.

And I think it's very disingenuous and bad faith to say that K440 as a platform for discussion is dying. There are still very insightful discussions going on over there. Ref:

Code: Select all

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41953
The CPP-CNRP political drama,

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41722
the infamous sandwich thread that actually gave industry insights about restaurant and hospitality management,

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41823
the update and wild speculations about Glenn's murder that provided personal insights in the man's life.
Soi Dog wrote:Better yet, move all K440 related threads to the VIP section, so each person has to specifically request for access to read those posts. :thumb:
So much for transparency. I think that sums you up well.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Soi Dog wrote:Why don't those of you so continually exasperated and bored by the "focus on K440" ignore the couple of threads dedicated to that subject and instead spend your time starting new, original and interesting threads here on subjects you feel worthy of discussion? There are hundreds (>1200) of other threads on CEO to choose from already, and you can always start new ones.
I'll tell you why. I'm interested in local politics and serious issues impacting Cambodia. That has not been an important focus of CEO. Example, the Freedom Park thread on 440 has 400 posts, the three related threads on CEO have a total of 52. I can expect more from 440 on these issues. On food, drink, whoring, ducks, and where Ricecakes can find shit CEO can hold its own. Right now I'm here for food and duck discussions.
Using Tapatalk
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Actually a good idea. I also use "unread" in Tapatalk to see new threads and it gets a bit old seeing the same threads get bumped up all the time.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic