Australian JAMES BERNARD KING Arrested in Sihanoukville For Locking Up Family & Demanding Sex From Sister & Niece

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Australian JAMES BERNARD KING Arrested in Sihanoukville For Locking Up Family & Demanding Sex From Sister & Niece

Post by Cam Nivag »

Phnom Penh Post readers don't seem to think this is a "set up"

paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Australian JAMES BERNARD KING Arrested in Sihanoukville For Locking Up Family & Demanding Sex From Sister & Niece

Post by paparazzi »

This case is looking more like angry Khmer girlfriend by the minute!!

This is a proud man who has served his country. The damage to this mans reputation here and back in Australia is huge.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:36 pm I think that if he is convicted of a child-sex crime, rather than just illegal confinement, it could mean that once (and if) he serves his sentence, the Australian government will then prevent him from ever travelling in Southeast Asia again because of the new anti-paedo laws in that country.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/a ... girlfriend
Australia is another penal colony again!

[ In all fairness, in this case, I don't know at all if this case qualifies as a paedo-case. Too many conflicting stories to be sure right now. ]

I guess it's responsible behavior, to fetter their criminals, so, OK Australia. Not bad.

But it's kind of funny to hear the underlying message of this new Australian law:

"You are bad, a danger to innocent societies, so you're punishment is to REMAIN IN AUSTRALIA and feel our judging stares and condemnation for the rest of your misbegotten lives..."
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

known pedos cant travel to countries in asia known for sex tourism & remain where they can be monitored

some would prefer they return to Cambodia etc unmonitored?

:shock:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

this story is off.

khmers show there nasty side here.

anything for a paycheck in cambodia
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

Get it straight. NO CHILDREN INVOLVED.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm LOL good one Trapper. Just mention money and Vlad can’t stop himself.
$10 is money? Christ, you're cheap.

$10 Lacoste socks, bwahahaha the last boast of the desperate social climber.

wtf is Vlad, btw?
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

Someone locks you up for 5 hours. You have phone. You wait 5 hours to call anyone.?

That sounds right!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Australian JAMES BERNARD KING Arrested in Sihanoukville For Locking Up Family & Demanding Sex From Sister & Niece

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Paparazzi, you seem to be the only one fighting for this guy.

I take it he is your friend. What makes you 100% sure this is a set up and I mean real proof, not the fact he’s a vet or the fact it sounds strange (it did happen in spookyville)?
Last edited by kiwiincambodia on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

paparazzi wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:53 pm This case is looking more like angry Khmer girlfriend by the minute!!

This is a proud man who has served his country. The damage to this mans reputation here and back in Australia is huge.
Yeah, I wouldn't be so quick to believe the woman's full word either. She's probably emotionally invested in this relationship, so is apt to lie, mislead, or exaggerate to get her point across. Passion's a funny thing, isn't it?

The guy, I don't know him personally. The demands for sex were presumably voiced but never acted upon, even after hours and hours of detainment. And they had phones in "detainment?"

That sets off B.S. alarms. A real sex offender can't help himself.

This seems like "false imprisonment," or as noted earlier, angry ex- attack.

In the words of the immortal Bobby Knight, "When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

Also, Bobby Knight said, "I don't have to wait until the next morning to regret something I did that was kinda dumb."
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic