BEP Center School - info?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Otis
Expatriate

BEP Center School - info?

Post by Otis »

BEP Center School located at about ST 19 and ST 130. They are ADULT oriented. They were passing out flyers in Khmer and my gf stopped by. They offer one course for people who know no English. 3 month term/90 minutes a session/5 sessions a week/$150.

For this they DO NOT teach reading and writing - only speaking English as that's what they say, to be practical, Khmer young adults whan to learn first.

They say the have barang teachers.

Anyone ever hear of them?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: BEP Center School - info?

Post by prahocalypse now »

Otis wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:31 pm BEP Center School located at about ST 19 and ST 130. They are ADULT oriented. They were passing out flyers in Khmer and my gf stopped by. They offer one course for people who know no English. 3 month term/90 minutes a session/5 sessions a week/$150.

For this they DO NOT teach reading and writing - only speaking English as that's what they say, to be practical, Khmer young adults whan to learn first.

They say the have barang teachers.

Anyone ever hear of them?
I'd never heard of them before, but I found them on facebook. https://web.facebook.com/bepeducation/

On facebook, they said that they were "looking for volunteers native English teachers for speak and practice courses in our school".

I'm sure there are some great teachers volunteering in Cambodia, but generally speaking, I don't think that people who volunteer to teach in Cambodia are as good at their job as qualified and experienced professionals.

On facebook, they give the email address and phone number of a Frenchman named Kevin Sabbe who can be contacted for "More informations".
[email protected]
Kevin SABBE
Image :facepalm:
Last edited by prahocalypse now on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

prahocalypse now wrote:
Image :facepalm:
Their computer course sounds good too.

Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »