Phnom Penh used washer price ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Phnom Penh used washer price ?

Post by whereami »

Searching for used washer in Phnom Penh for local family.....any tips on brands , average price , things to consider ? Thanks in advance !
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh used washer price ?

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

If you go to Chhoun Leap, you can have a brand new 7kg Samsung with a one year warranty, for 190$, ask if they have a cheaper model from last year or so. We bought ours new 2 years ago for 175$ and is still doing what it should be doing. It’s near Olympic.

https://www.khmer24.com/en/chhun-leap-s ... 62170.html
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I bought a decent secondhand (ex-Japan) top loader near Olympic on Sihanouk Bvld. some years ago.

It was $85 wit six month guarantee, which the guy honoured when it has some small issue after five months.

After that it worked perfectly for three plus years until a mouse ate all the wiring inside and I sprang for a new one.

Think it was a Panasonic.

Now I have an LG front loader, which is better but was around 4x the cost, new.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Cheapest place is near the train tracks in Tuol Kork

Years ago, picked up one there for $30 in 2003, it worked fine for five years, then one day it just died

Friend gave me one in 2012 or thereabouts, still have it, I think he paid around $200 new, top loader. excellent machine.

Shitload of expats leaving now and selling everything, join Facebook groups, post your price, tell them what you want, you WILL get it.
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

Thanks ! On an unrelated note why so many expats leaving now ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

whereami wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:48 pm Thanks ! On an unrelated note why so many expats leaving now ?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

whereami wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:11 pm Searching for used washer in Phnom Penh for local family.....any tips on brands , average price , things to consider ? Thanks in advance !
Do they even want a washing machine? They’ll probably have no idea how to use it, but once they do they’ll start using it daily for their entire extended family, and once they get their first electricity bill they’ll most likely go back to hand washing.

whereami wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:48 pm On an unrelated note why so many expats leaving now ?
What makes you say that?

Foreigners come and go, especially at the end and in the middle of the year (posting cycles).

Not everyone’s here for the long haul.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:26 pm
whereami wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:11 pm Searching for used washer in Phnom Penh for local family.....any tips on brands , average price , things to consider ? Thanks in advance !
Do they even want a washing machine? They’ll probably have no idea how to use it, but once they do they’ll start using it daily for their entire extended family, and once they get their first electricity bill they’ll most likely go back to hand washing.
I'd tend to disagree on that. A washing machine is a huge energy saver for the average household here. I've seen how much energy has to be put into hand-washing, it can take hours of stamping around in basins and endless rinsing and wringing for the average old dear with a big family here. I think the machines do use a fair amount of electricity but are a huge time-saver. With the climate here there is no need for heated tumble dryers, it only takes a few hours on a hanger to dry most things. If other people want to use it they should charge an amount that at least covers the electricity cost. I'm pretty surprised to see how many cleaning/ironing shops have opened around town over the last few years. I've had an LG toploader machine for about the last 5 years and it's fantastic. I haven't ironed anything in all that time! 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

"I haven't ironed anything in all that time!"

I recently changed laundry as I moved
both places charge $1 a kilo but new one ironed everything except socks/pants
feckin crease down the front of my shorts now %)

second time I asked for nothing ironed, still $1 per kg which is fine & young girl ironing seemed pleased about it :D
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

chorlton wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:39 pm "I haven't ironed anything in all that time!"

I recently changed laundry as I moved
both places charge $1 a kilo but new one ironed everything except socks/pants
feckin crease down the front of my shorts now %)

second time I asked for nothing ironed, still $1 per kg which is fine & young girl ironing seemed pleased about it :D
Can you do an inquiry how much it would be there to wash and iron all of Vlad's socks?
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic