FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
giblet
Expatriate

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by giblet »

OrangeDragon wrote:One thing we've taken advantage of is the Goals system and the User ID system they offer now. Now it tracks a user as they travel the site by the UserName it shows on the page (only works for logged in users) so we're able to get more accurate figures for unique visitor stats if they let the session timeout expire.
So you have a list of every thread I have looked at and for how long? :dragonchase:
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

giblet wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:One thing we've taken advantage of is the Goals system and the User ID system they offer now. Now it tracks a user as they travel the site by the UserName it shows on the page (only works for logged in users) so we're able to get more accurate figures for unique visitor stats if they let the session timeout expire.
So you have a list of every thread I have looked at and for how long? :dragonchase:
It doesn't give us specific results per user id... only uses that field to make sure it's not counting an old session as a new session.

but it would be really cool if it did ;-)

:evil:
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Pretty funny. Bendix kept ( innacurately) saying this was getting embarrassing, before embarrassingly deactivating his membership and running away when he couldn't handle the argument he started. Over there, he would have just deleted the stuff he didn't like and ban people. Then could all weigh in and give abuse lol.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

OrangeDragon wrote:[Shameless Plug: I'm available for network security and penetration testing for reasonable rates to anyone seeking such services.
Thanks, but no thanks.

Maybe Playboy and logos might be interested.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

General Mackevili wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Did he actually ask to be disactivated? I thought OD was joking...
He asked.

And just for the record, he has since told me he'll still be glad to give me the stats I requested he supply to back up his last claim next time we meet up.

I also believe he had no idea their reported stats were being doubled and it came as quite a shock to him to see it announced here. I believe him because there's no way us non-programmers could look at a website's lines of codes or at Google Analytics and be able to see that.

That's a rather weird request, especially from him. Whenever someone asks to be removed from K440 people tell them to just stop posting. I find it surprising he'd want to be "deleted". Surely he could have just followed KIR's advice and stopped posting. Weird...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

frank lee bent wrote:the post count over there is noticeably less now.
Surely you are mistaken. We have it on good authority that their site receives 8.6 bazillion unique page views per month and growing at an astonishing rate. Tell him, bendix !
HotRecruiter
Expatriate

Post by HotRecruiter »

Geek boy Playboy and KiR can all go stuff one up their US-hating arses! Btw, Playboy wears gold glasses like the geek in "The Office" and is NO looker! And that little dwarf strumpet KiR is going to get his one day! The day is coming!!

See how they destroyed their own reputations with temper tantrums and arbitrariness?

Down with K440! Hope the new mgmt shakes things up!
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

HotRecruiter wrote:
Down with K440! Hope the new mgmt shakes things up!
Make up your mind - down or up??

This forum purports to be something different - but it really isn't. So many of you are throwing all sorts of vitriol toward KIR, AiA (and now Playboy ^), for the way that they treated/scorned/abused posters etc.... isn't what is happening here somewhat hypocritical (albeit they are not posters here - but even if they were....)- same same and no different really.

Many of you have said K440 is a den of cliques - well, there seems a fair bit of backslapping of each other by a crew of regulars here, and in the same breath castigating some posters as K440 "apologists" - is that not becoming a bit cliquey?

I've said it once before - but if you want to be different - you should all really rise above it!

(PS - I've just shown this forum and the other to a nice lass - this was the conversation:
Me: "So what are your impressions?"
She: "there seems to be a heap of kindergarten kids on CEO - nyeah nyeah nyeah nyeah nyeah stuff....... really, are these grownups?...... why doesn't the other forum have the same banter toward CEO?"
Me: they delete comments and any mention of CEO
She: really? That seems a bit dictatorial, but perhaps understandable as they were first and probably want to protect their brand and might feel threatened. But it is nice to read through information without having to go through and weed out "I hate this guy, and I hate that forum". That's so juvenile.

I've encouraged her to join)

The other forum was built on years of wildness, debauchery, confrontation etc, and probably has not adapted well to the modern era, many of the crusty farts who you hate so much were there from the beginning or thereabouts, and probably still pine for the bad old days. But the forum had that edginess which was quite unique, as Cambodia was quite unique.
This forum says it wants to be different - so in what way? An honest question?
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Just saying I agree with BC. There's a clique forming on CEO and either you're not aware of it or ignoring it. But I've learned my lesson and will just step back.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

BC - The only promise that was ever made about CEO being any different was that there would be no double standard as to who's posts would be allowed, moderated or deleted. The same rules are to apply equally to everyone. That difference is obviously not noteworthy to you, and that's fine. It means quite a bit to most of the rest of us.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic