Grandma Beats Boy for Skipping School

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Grandma Beats Boy for Skipping School

Post by pczz »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:46 pm There is a difference between a cane over the buttocks or knuckles once or twice and what this kid was subjected to.

I would say, even 45 years ago, if you beat a child as bad as the picture shows you would not get away with it.
Disagree. I widh I had photos to show you what I got when I was about 9. Not dissimilar from this kid. Got to school in my shorts and the teacher said ' oh dear. were you naughty last night" To be fair I had been very naughty
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

pczz wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:46 pm
kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:46 pm There is a difference between a cane over the buttocks or knuckles once or twice and what this kid was subjected to.

I would say, even 45 years ago, if you beat a child as bad as the picture shows you would not get away with it.
Disagree. I widh I had photos to show you what I got when I was about 9. Not dissimilar from this kid. Got to school in my shorts and the teacher said ' oh dear. were you naughty last night" To be fair I had been very naughty
I was in school in south africa and getting cuts would leave a purple bruise all the way across your arse. They enjoyed it the fucking sadists, I will go back there and find them in hospital and squeeze their air hoses until they choked.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Jesus, poor kid.

I say give the same to the old witch and see how she likes it.
I wonder, given her age, if she has not already seen / felt / experienced seven shades of hell?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Barang chgout wrote:

I wonder, given her age, if she has not already seen / felt / experienced seven shades of hell?

So that justifies it?
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

I was once beaten by my father like this with his belt, when I told him I didn't care, he flipped the belt around and hit me with the buckle. It was the last time he ever hit me and needless to say I moved out shortly afterwards but when he got Parkinson's and died 3 years later I didn't lift a finger to help him. He knew why, for this woman, what goes around comes around. Karma's a bitch.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

cptrelentless wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:03 amI was in school in south africa and getting cuts would leave a purple bruise all the way across your arse. They enjoyed it the fucking sadists, I will go back there and find them in hospital and squeeze their air hoses until they choked.
Common at my school for kids to bleed after 6 cuts with a police cane. Had to put toilet paper in my pants to stop blood from staining my longs.

Sadistic gay fuck housemaster.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

pczz wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:39 pm Please step into Cambodian shoes for a minute. To western eyes this is atrocious and criminal, but it is normal practice for grandma to use a cane to discipline family. I was caned at school and that was 45 years ago in the uk. It was normal then. My mother had a cane, but it ws rarely used, maybe 2 times in my life. it has taken us 45 years to get to the point where it is illegal but you can still slap your child, so even with our head start we are not perfect. You cannot change cultures overnight, much as you might want to. You have to bring change through education
45 years ago.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Barang chgout wrote:

So that justifies it?
I didn't say that. I was just commenting on ptsd.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic