World Bank gives money to China via Cambodia to upgrade highway 7

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

World Bank gives money to China via Cambodia to upgrade highway 7

Post by Abc123 »

The businessmen have truly taken over the world. (Again).

Chinese firm wins bid to upgrade, maintain national road in Cambodia

Source: Xinhua| 2017-12-28 21:58:07|Editor: ZD

PHNOM PENH, Dec. 28 (Xinhua) -- A Chinese construction firm on Thursday won a bid to carry out a road upgrade and maintenance project in Cambodia.
Cambodian Transport Minister Sun Chanthol said the ministry awarded the 20-million-U.S.-dollars contract to Guangdong Provincial Changda Highway Engineering Co., Ltd after the firm won a p ublic tender.
"Under the contract, the Chinese firm will upgrade and maintain a 107-km section of the National Road No. 7 in eastern part of Cambodia," he said after a contract signing ceremony here, adding that the company would also construct sewer pipes along the road.
The firm will take one-and-a-half years to upgrade the road and another three years for the maintenance of the road, the minister said, adding that the project work will start in March 2018.
He said the project was made possible under a concessional loan from the World Bank.
Xu Ke, deputy general manager of Guangdong Provincial Changda Highway Engineering, said that the company would strictly comply with the contract and he promised to upgrade the road with high quality.

I hope that was a little pinky promise, and not just an ordinary one.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-1 ... 858074.htm
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: World Bank gives money to China via Cambodia to upgrade highway 7

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Maybe better than locals, yet cheaper than Koreans/Japanese, etc.

Quality in between as well, I'd wager. Good enough for Chinese trucks, I imagine.

They are out there, though, aren't they?
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic