Are Expats in Cambodia Binge Drinking Enough?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

How often do you binge drink, on average? Be honest.

I DON'T DRINK
3%
I DRINK, BUT I DON'T BINGE DRINK
21%
MAYBE A FEW TIMES A YEAR
3%
ONCE A MONTH
14%
ONCE A WEEK
14%
TWICE A WEEK
10%
3-4 TIMES A WEEK
21%
5-6 TIMES A WEEK
3%
DAILY
10%

Total votes: 29
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Re: Are Expats in Cambodia Binge Drinking Enough?

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

LTO wrote:I wish I could find Dos Equis in Cambodia.
When I get back to the states ( in a year) I will send you a case from Phoenix,AZ. It is a good beer. I prefer the Dos Equis Amber. Really dark and smooth.

I still cannot get over a Samuel Adams Winter Lager or Boston Lager. I also love me a good English Porter. Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter is one of my favorite beers. Any oatmeal stout will put a smile on my face.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

EdinWigan wrote:
flying chicken wrote:Cool, first drink is on me.The rest of the drinks is on you :D

FC do you live in SR ? I really could do with picking your brains, don't worry it will not take long but I really would like to live there and could really do with your advice and guidance m8, thanks
Anytime brother. I know the map of this city better than the nuns at the Vatican.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Why would the nuns at the Vatican... oh, never mind.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

It's about the bicycles...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

LTO wrote:I wish I could find Dos Equis in Cambodia.
Reef Resort and Maybe Later in Sihanoukville both have them.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

I must be due for a binge drink, I'll just have something to eat first and then into it.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
I have followed you before with one eye open. I think we hit max speeds of about 15km/h. Don't worry Dagenham, we wore helmets.[/quote]

Well, I actually don't care a whit if you personally die - it's the family of 4 you plow into that pays - Ha! Maybe better for you lot to not wear helmets after all.

Every drunk in the history of the Planet Earth thinks they are wonderful drivers after 10-15 drinks. Naturally. Of course. That's why they drive drunk.

And numerous studies have proved that no amount of alcohol can ever impair someone's judgement.

It's pure myth - drunk driving has never ever caused any problems, accidents, injuries, misery or death. Bullshit on all that shit! Bottoms up! Cheers!
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Expatriate

Post by 104 »

Yep it beggars belief for the sake of a tuktuk or moto !
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

104 wrote:Yep it beggars belief for the sake of a tuktuk or moto !
Anyone who takes a tuk-tuk or moto after getting drunk (on only 10-15 drinks) is a pussy. Obviously. Aint no man, that's fo sho.
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

dagenham wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:I have followed you before with one eye open. I think we hit max speeds of about 15km/h. Don't worry Dagenham, we wore helmets.
Well, I actually don't care a whit if you personally die - it's the family of 4 you plow into that pays - Ha! Maybe better for you lot to not wear helmets after all.

Every drunk in the history of the Planet Earth thinks they are wonderful drivers after 10-15 drinks. Naturally. Of course. That's why they drive drunk.

And numerous studies have proved that no amount of alcohol can ever impair someone's judgement.

It's pure myth - drunk driving has never ever caused any problems, accidents, injuries, misery or death. Bullshit on all that shit! Bottoms up! Cheers!
You know there aren't many (any?) families of 4 out at 3am on motos in phnom penh right?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic