Cognac and whiskey in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cowyippee
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cognac and whiskey in Phnom Penh

Post by cowyippee »

I would like to have recommendations on bars in PP which serve XO cognacs and single malt whiskeys. I used to hang out a lot at the Elephant Bar in Le Royal Hotel 3-4 years ago and they had then spirits suitable for my taste.

I would like to inquire that is there some other bars in PP which serve a little more high-end spirits like Hennessy XO and Lagavulin whiskey etc.? I never really tried to search for some other places with similar sortiment back in the day.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cognac and whiskey in PP

Post by taabarang »

Sorry cowyippee, you're inquiring on what is primarily a .50 cent beer forum. You might luck out tho.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

I've been once in a bar on st 278 close to the condo "Time Square" (just in front I think). It's a really small place but their selection of spirits is simply amazing, got a bottle of Hibiki (japanese whisky) on the rock for about 170$.
Don't forget the water buffalo
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

The Bodleian is located at #23 Street 288. It is open every day except Sunday from 5pm-2:30am
https://www.facebook.com/The-Bodleian-303106333418965/

Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Cant edit my post for some reason but here's another place you might like! Odin
Bar Odin is located at #22A Street 282, open every day from 7pm-3am Image

Here's a PPP article: “You can’t find what we have here anywhere else in Phnom Penh,” he says. When Post Weekend asked what he meant by that, Shimo produced a bottle of cognac dating from 1909 that goes for $180 a glass.

“We have many whiskeys, brandies from breweries not operating anymore,” he adds, going on to place on the counter a dusty bottle of 1974 Macallan scotch whiskey for which the recipe is no longer in use.

Of course, while Odin is certainly expensive, you don’t necessarily need to break the bank, and can enjoy rare selections from Shimo’s collection at a wide range of price-points although the good stuff starts at about $10 a glass. Meanwhile, beers, wine and fruit shochu cocktails are on the menu for the more casual drinker. http://www.phnompenhpost.com/food-drink ... panese-bar
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Cognac and whiskey in Phnom Penh

Post by LaudJohn »

Try Est Bar on st214, very close to pencil supermarket.

Upscale place with nice decor and a good selection of upmarket spirits.

Good house wines and many wines by the glass at the same glass price as if you bought the bottle.

The cheese and meat platter is huge. Food is good as well.

Not cheap, but very nice, I generally do not get out of there much under $70 for food and drinks for two.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Ming's bar on st174 has a huge selection of Scotches as well as some decent congas and other whiskys.

Good food, try the smoked duck!

Very nice place to drink (my local in PP) and happy hour beers at $1 from 4-8pm.
cowyippee
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cowyippee »

Outstanding, thanks a lot for all of you for recommendationts! :bow: I think all of these bars will certainly satisfy me! :)
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

Gentlemen please refrain from spelling the "water of life" whisky as "whiskey" which is American bourbon NOT the glorious drink from Scotland!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I think I also recall seeing a decent collection at that jazz/cigar bar in the Cambodiana Hotel.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic