Cambodians arrested for eating dog

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Cambodians arrested for eating dog

Post by Barang chgout »

Why aren't these " gangs" stealing all the Khmer dogs? Closer to transport. Or is it, as I suggested, bullshit?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

In our village about 30-40 kilometers from the Vietnamese border there are no gangs of gognappers. There is however one itinerant Viet
who drives a moto loaded with pots, pans and four small cages. He travels to small villages off the main highway and trades or barters his goods for dogs. Have I ever followed him across the border? Of course not, but I seriously doubt he is running a dog rescue service.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I would expect this but bringing dogs all the way to Vietnam from Thailand in cages, seems a little different. Never seen or heard of such and surely there would be witnesses. What then do they drive the dogs through Laos?

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Barang chgout wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:49 am I would expect this but bringing dogs all the way to Vietnam from Thailand in cages, seems a little different. Never seen or heard of such and surely there would be witnesses. What then do they drive the dogs through Laos?

I can assure you that it is true. I was bird watching in Northern Laos a few years back. As we are birding the road, we hear this strange and rather disturbing sound that we couldn't fathom. Well, it was about 10 trucks full of dogs crammed into cages, all going crazy. When I asked the local guide, he told me these were tracks going from Thailand to Vietnam.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Thailand’s Dog Meat and Skin Trade
http://www.thailawforum.com/thailands-d ... kin-trade/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Barang chgout wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:28 am Why aren't these " gangs" stealing all the Khmer dogs?
Dogs are stolen in Cambodia all the time. Not all are stolen because most are kept locked inside yards. People also sell their own dogs to be eaten if they are badly behaved and bite.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article ... f-cambodia
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

Barang chgout wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:41 am
soup wrote:Thai people in the north regularly truck loads of dogs into Vietnam for their consumption.

The hypocritical cunts would stitch up a cockroach just to make themselves look a little bit better!

I know a lady who is currently volunteering with Soi Dog. She was screaming about this. I called bullshit...... have YOU ever seen dogs being transported to Vietnam?

She defriended me on Facebook. Lol!

Yes I have seen dogs crammed into welded steel cages transported towards Vietnam. For which use I don't know
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

John Bingham wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:28 am Why aren't these " gangs" stealing all the Khmer dogs?
Dogs are stolen in Cambodia all the time. Not all are stolen because most are kept locked inside yards. People also sell their own dogs to be eaten if they are badly behaved and bite.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article ... f-cambodia
Yeah, we got our dog thieves in town here too. I get that. But as I've said, never seen them transported as stock in Cambodia or heard of it. However, apparently, they drive through Laos. Why?

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Jack.R. wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:41 am
soup wrote:Thai people in the north regularly truck loads of dogs into Vietnam for their consumption.

The hypocritical cunts would stitch up a cockroach just to make themselves look a little bit better!

I know a lady who is currently volunteering with Soi Dog. She was screaming about this. I called bullshit...... have YOU ever seen dogs being transported to Vietnam?

She defriended me on Facebook. Lol!

Yes I have seen dogs crammed into welded steel cages transported towards Vietnam. For which use I don't know
Where did you see this?

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

it would be a different story if human beings domesticated cow as pets and dogs for meat 15000 years ago :lol: its all about persepective, dont force your morals on others, has western world learnt its lessons yet?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic