Haunted Room?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
krisduncs
Expatriate

Re: Haunted Room?

Post by krisduncs »

Drink Anchor,not Angkor.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

krisduncs wrote:Drink Anchor,not Angkor.
Ha! Good one.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Stroppy, I have never any circulation problem.

I am very aware of the changes in weather.This is something like the 5th consecutive night I am feeling sleepless. Had to make up for the lack of sleep during the day. Meh, whatever.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

flying chicken wrote:Some of you may know that I recently moved. A few times in the middle of the night while sleeping I felt cold so I woke up to grab the folded blanket below my feet; that's when I saw my daughter sitting up silently mimicking and playing by herself and totally ignoring me.
You have kids?! Holy fuck.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Why is the ghost there? Any ideas? Is it new or did it come with the house? If new, was it attracted there by the child? Have you asked your daughter about it - appearance, gender, activity, ethnicity, what it says/does? Is there only one? Have you taken any measures to deal with it such as making offerings to placate it or move it outside? Have you consulted the experts at the pagoda or considered bringing in a monk or other expert to deal with it?
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

LTO wrote:Why is the ghost there? Any ideas? Is it new or did it come with the house? If new, was it attracted there by the child? Have you asked your daughter about it - appearance, gender, activity, ethnicity, what it says/does? Is there only one? Have you taken any measures to deal with it such as making offerings to placate it or move it outside? Have you consulted the experts at the pagoda or considered bringing in a monk or other expert to deal with it?
I dont know, as I am writing this I have yet to go to bed. My daughter is 15 months old and she keeps on acting strange as of 2 days ago....crying and wanting to follow her mother when she goes to the toilet for a pee. I dont know what it is, I just feel disturbed! Frank lee bent suggested it, though I somewhat believe in it, but I refused to obey to their command.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

If it is bothering you and you have a few extra bucks in your pocket, get a monk to help you with it, or at the very least make a little offering (some incense, food and water) and a prayer, best outside the house, talk to it, explain and try to get it to move on or move outside. Do you have any older friends or relatives that might be able to offer some procedural advice?
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Better get the "spirits" on your side rather than against you.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

The more you seek you accept it, the less impact it will have. Without sounding daft, be nice to it, a little recognition and maybe a little food and/or drink in the balcony, might just relax you both. Is it not about harmony?
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Fuck, how do you explain when a 15 months old kid waking up at the middle of the night and able to to open the locked door. Now right awake!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic