American sizes

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Re: American sizes

Post by Gardiguy »

On the second floor of Sovannah mall there are a couple of little shoe stores that have plus 10 sizes, also there is a target like store that never has any customers but does have some larger sizes.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Gardiguy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:44 pm On the second floor of Sovannah mall there are a couple of little shoe stores that have plus 10 sizes, also there is a target like store that never has any customers but does have some larger sizes.
Pretty ordinary knock off chuck taylors are the only thing I've found there above 44, but never a 47.

Is the target like store City Mart? I thought they went bust? They often had a good range of large sizes for clothes and shoes.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

epidemiks wrote:
Gardiguy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:44 pm On the second floor of Sovannah mall there are a couple of little shoe stores that have plus 10 sizes, also there is a target like store that never has any customers but does have some larger sizes.
Pretty ordinary knock off chuck taylors are the only thing I've found there above 44, but never a 47.

Is the target like store City Mart? I thought they went bust? They often had a good range of large sizes for clothes and shoes.
Ya, City Mart, forgot the name of it. Still open but I have no idea how, I have never seen a customer in there. Looks like quite a bit of stock too.
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

I love my shoe shop.
Recently bought two beautiful pairs of Geox. These
http://www.geox.com/en/men/shoes/casual ... C4002.html
And a pair of these
http://www.geox.com/en/men/shoes/blaxe- ... 2&start=17
In the past I've bought numerous pairs of Sketchers, Clark's, Asics, Saloman shoes, as well as Keen and Reef sandals.
All size 46 (some 45.5) All $30 or $35 a pair. All made in Cambodia.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

that genius wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:43 pm I find it interesting that we have 2 systems: metric and Imperial, which cover the entire world, and include such weird things as relative humidity, which relatively few people access,

but try buying a pair of shoes,

and all of a sudden no genius ever considered a standard sizing.

There is some ancient evil afoot...

Some genius called ''GOD '' forgot to give everyone a standed size foot.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

justin.workman wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:17 am Living in phnom phen im American from Miami, hello all and thank you in advance for any help.
I need size 13 sneakers/trainer's, size XL OR XXL shirts, size 38 pants. I can't find anything my size expecially the trainers.
Please help, if i need to buy online to ship what would you suggest.

Thanks again
I'm pretty thin, maybe 34 waist and I have to buy XXXL underwear here. I needed a pair of dress-style shoes in a hurry last week and found it really tricky. I'm about 9.5 in US sizes but had to go to about six shops before I could find anything that would fit, and ended up buying a style I'd never usually go for just because they fit. Fuck it though, I'll probably only wear them once or twice a year.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Rama wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:18 pm I love my shoe shop.
Recently bought two beautiful pairs of Geox. These
http://www.geox.com/en/men/shoes/casual ... C4002.html
And a pair of these
http://www.geox.com/en/men/shoes/blaxe- ... 2&start=17
In the past I've bought numerous pairs of Sketchers, Clark's, Asics, Saloman shoes, as well as Keen and Reef sandals.
All size 46 (some 45.5) All $30 or $35 a pair. All made in Cambodia.
Where exactly is this shop?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Gardiguy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:26 pm
epidemiks wrote:

Ya, City Mart, forgot the name of it. Still open but I have no idea how, I have never seen a customer in there. Looks like quite a bit of stock too.
City Mart was ok, but it closed down and the shop that replaced it ( Can't remember the name) is crap.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

John Bingham wrote:
Gardiguy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:26 pm
epidemiks wrote:

City Mart was ok, but it closed down and the shop that replaced it ( Can't remember the name) is crap.
Was there the other day, could swear it still said City Mart but could be wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

The City Mart in Lucky Soriya has closed.

I think the one at Sovanna is still open
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic