Small farm, work permit and visas

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Small farm, work permit and visas

Post by Duncan »

taabarang wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:19 pm "I wish I could take you up on that offer. But it would only because I want to meet your wife. She must be quite a lady to put up with a contankerous old basted like you."

She has my full respect for lots of reasons. Being tolerant of me is indeed one of them and sharing many of my dislikes is another. Unlike posters I take issue with here she also sees my equally strong loving side.

In any case the offer was made to username and his wife to be, NOT you.

But, but,but, I read your third post, the one you lost and it had my name on the invite.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Yeah, I saw the one with free food/drinks, too.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

I'm interested in similar things. Can you post which province you are planning to do farming, you experience with the land people etc. Anything that might be useful for future farmers.
Thanks
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

kocdim wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:44 pm I'm interested in similar things. Can you post which province you are planning to do farming, you experience with the land people etc. Anything that might be useful for future farmers.
Thanks
If you are referring to me, I can't really help you much there. I'm pretty blank, which is why I started the thread
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Do you have to be short to belong to this group?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

You have 2 possible problems, assuming you want to obey the law and not just bumble on paying out a few backhanders. if I understaand the law properly you cannot employ a foreigner unless your business is registered and you get them a work permit, which requires permission from the ministry of labour. maximum is 10% of the workforce and you have to show that a Cambodian cannot do the job. If you register as a small family business then as a partner you should get the work permit automatically, and registration is done at the commune. Not expensive unless the officials are greedy about tea money. You cannot be a free lance consultant and work for just one firm.
Second problem is the land. A foreigner cannot own land unless they set up a special type of company which is costly and time consuming so the land would have to be separate from the business. If the land belongs to the girlfriend then probably the easiest way if you want to stay within the law is to set ups a small business with you both as shareholders and the business leases the land from the girlfriend. I am sure hundreds of foreigners are doing this sort of thing unofficially but that's your choice. In theory you don't pay tax on a small buisnes that earns less than $5000 a month, but you do pay tax on salary. Complicated rules which change all the time, especially on who can claim what back against tax and how capital invested affect tax, so you could be wise to ask an accountant before you start
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic