Idiots guide to buying a moto

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Idiots guide to buying a moto

Post by StroppyChops »

walkjivefly wrote:Can anyone recommend an insurance company? Just want theft cover really.
Is that done here? Reckon we could insure our mini tuktuk?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

StroppyChops wrote:
walkjivefly wrote:Can anyone recommend an insurance company? Just want theft cover really.
Is that done here? Reckon we could insure our mini tuktuk?
Vlad implied it is...

Obviously should have included a clever pun here to draw out the Oracle but my mind doesn't work that way.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

It doesn't even have to be good. Let's try this: vladistically speaking, punsters appear frequently when vlad vlad.

Edit: Well THAT'S not working, let's say Saffer a few times - Saffer, Saffer...
Last edited by StroppyChops on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

We just have to prick his interest and prod him into posting.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Mention something about politics or religion. OR, better still mention the rich.

I, 2,3,...

While your waiting, here's something Dags wrote elsewhere:
dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Tell me more about this insurance, dagenham, please - who with, how much?
There's a French run outfit at the Cambodiana (ground floor offices) and I chose "Asia Insurance" - $80 a year I think...$1-2,000 theft, $5,000 Health no deduct, $5000 (I think) other party - maybe more....actually can't remember exact limits but for paying next to nothing it makes complete sense - they give you a sticker for your bike and they come to scene to assist (Khmers at office)...they also get you a license problem free and cheap...

Why would someone (who is not absolutely skint and/or homeless) who drives a moto not get license/insurance here? And not a complete knob who is in absolute denial about where they are driving/living? It aint Sydney with fast ambulances and free health care, eh? Really now...time to grow up chaps...
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Well, it's a bit late to chime in honestly, but hey, why not?

All I have to say is DON'T buy a Click, nor trust how many km's it has, nor trust any good deals in general unless you really know the person. I'll agree with the General usually in saying that buying new is a ripoff, but honestly, over here I think it has it's merits. I've bought three new vehicles here and they've been a wise decision in the long run in my opinion.

If there was a choice between a Wave and Taurus, I'd say Wave all day even though I like the Yamahas more. Waves are Hondas, and Hondas are king in Cambodia. Best resale value, easiest to fix, massive dealer network, although many are hopelessly incompetent still so, it's still difficult at times. Me, I like OMC Suzuki so far, the techs were fantastic so I'd recommend (if they are relatively the same since last year) getting a Revo 110 (which was $1200 ish) and getting it always serviced at OMC (the big dealer on Monivong and Sihanouk).

Alright, just a simple recommendation. I also posted why I believe Suzuki is a better choice above Honda in the articles section if anyone cares to read. I haven't done a Yamaha comparison though.
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic