3 Indians Arrested in S'Ville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 3 Indians Arrested in S'Ville

Post by SmartAston Martin »

He might've been a skeptical, and possibly cheap Frenchman trying to get a free fortune from those guys.

I never had any problems with these guys, but then again, I'm not cheap with people, either.

I *do* remember something about "thuggees" - dangerous Indian thugs. Usually in gangs, organised well, and clever. Thuggees are like a darker, more sinister version of Yakuza or Italian Mafia.

But I think these are Sikhs, so they should be totally different.

Very odd.

Anyhow, real thuggees are hardened criminals, these 3 obviously are not.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The victim Rene Walter Geinger was approached by the three men as he sat alone.

They allegedly forced him to have his fortune told and extorted $160 from him before fleeing the scene.

Mr Geinger went straight to police after the incident, who tracked the suspects down shortly after.

Mr Sophal said they were arrested while they still had the victim’s cash, which was returned to him immediately.

The suspects have been charged with fraud and face between six months and two years in prison if convicted.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5096513/for ... -cheating/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

Happy that someone (Prahocalypse) is on the same page.
The Fakirs should be locked up for faking and the French snowflake should be deported for not telling them to F*** off at the start of the conversation.
This reminded me of the old saying "why are their so many tree lined boulevards in Paris".
Answers on a postcard.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mr Cynical wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 pm Happy that someone (Prahocalypse) is on the same page.
The Fakirs should be locked up for faking and the French snowflake should be deported for not telling them to F*** off at the start of the conversation.
This reminded me of the old saying "why are their so many tree lined boulevards in Paris".
Answers on a postcard.
Hate to rain on your fun :D , but the victim is Australian. ;)
From the OP:
and then robbed the 18 year old Australian Rene Walter Geiger.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic