US Military Still Ranks As World's Strongest

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: US Military Still Ranks As World's Strongest

Post by SmartAston Martin »

JDMPRO777 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:15 am (...I think we (the US) need a strong(ish) military, I personally think we spend way too much on it. the numbers here are a bit difficult to understand. it notes we have 800 bases in 70 country's. I question if this is really necessary.....or that useful.)
What price, to prevent WWIII?

The U.S, has to think long-term before increasing its presence here.
Like I said, making more enemies than killing them not a good idea.
N. Korea and Syria are possible cornerstone game changers, hence the attention at those places.
- A combined Korea scares China, historically, before planes and massive shipping lanes. A divided Korea is a masterstroke of both Russian and Chinese strategy, concocted after WWII, to nullify a threat, by themselves!
- Syria is the middle of a power struggle. For the most part: Saudis and Arabs vs. Iranians and others. Turks in there, too, somewhere. U.S. vs. Russia proxy battle of support there too. U.S. not really being great allies, but hanging in there.

Trump's not a Texan, but he is a New Yorker - and they are known to fight.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

strongest or biggest?

strength in numbers not ability per head and certainly not needed just wanted for ego/pride

time they stopped preaching to the worlds by force
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Like you can convince people to be good? With words, paper, and digital ink?

Bwahahahahaha! You are naive!!

There'll always be a warlord in some ghetto being brought up, and there'll always be people who don't listen to anybody springing up somewhere. I call it jungle creep.

Everyone has muscle, or beef! You don't have it, you go nowhere!

What can you do?

Smart people just make pals.

Chorlton, serious question: wihy can't you take your own advice and be diplomatic?
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

US Military motto?

:lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic