Kem Sokha's daughters' 'barang' boyfriends interest judge

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Kem Sokha's daughters' 'barang' boyfriends interest judge

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:13 am ...and that Samathida had a “close relationship” with alleged “spy” Geoffrey Cain. Cain, who is actually a successful American freelance journalist, again categorically denied allegations yesterday.
“I’m not a spy. That is a fabricated allegation to build fake evidence against the opposition party,”
yeah.... because a "Spy" is going to openly admit to the media about actually being a "Spy".... :facepalm:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

tonetone420 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:31 am The judge is probably just being a bitter bitch about seeing a Khmer girl with a barang.
Most khmers take a dim view of it, so putting it out there is a net winner for the CPP campaign.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

offroadscholar wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:11 pm
tonetone420 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:31 am The judge is probably just being a bitter bitch about seeing a Khmer girl with a barang.
Most khmers take a dim view of it, so putting it out there is a net winner for the CPP campaign.
A bit like Diana and Dodi..

Fuck me, it's taken these American cnuts a looooong time to overthrow this gov. 25 years or 21 years, depending how you look at it. The South Africans could have done it in three weeks, the Irish in two.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:19 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:13 am ...and that Samathida had a “close relationship” with alleged “spy” Geoffrey Cain. Cain, who is actually a successful American freelance journalist, again categorically denied allegations yesterday.
“I’m not a spy. That is a fabricated allegation to build fake evidence against the opposition party,”
yeah.... because a "Spy" is going to openly admit to the media about actually being a "Spy".... :facepalm:
Jamie, do you have any Swedish blood in the family?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Do they?

I've been shacked with one of these Khmer types for eight years nearly, and never noticed any disparaging remarks or looks of disdain and I'm a sensitive snowflake.

I do find it interesting that xenophobe Sokha has no issues with his kids practically having a second home in the USA, or foreigner boyfriends. It's the CNRP who were the rabble rousing racists recently, member?
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:54 pm
Do they?

I've been shacked with one of these Khmer types for eight years nearly, and never noticed any disparaging remarks or looks of disdain and I'm a sensitive snowflake.

I do find it interesting that xenophobe Sokha has no issues with his kids practically having a second home in the USA, or foreigner boyfriends. It's the CNRP who were the rabble rousing racists recently, member?
That makes three of you then.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Abc123 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:49 pm
why?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 pm
why?
It was just a joke as a Swedish team came over to look at Democratic Cambodia (KR) and gave it the thumbs up in the international media dispelling the murderous Khmer Rouge rumours. Meanwhile, the KR were busy torturing and putting to death enemies of Cambodia who were mainly accused of being CIA spies. I don't really blame them, after all they were just shown what they were shown and fed a pack of lies by the government at the time.
The PM, in HE Strongman of Cambodia, says himself that he got the heads up he would be next, so did a runner to Vietnam.
Which is kinda ironic, because if he'd stuck around he too would have been accused and convicted of being a CIA spy.

Edited to correct the grammar.
Last edited by Abc123 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cowyippee
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cowyippee »

Abc123 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:13 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 pm
why?
It was just a joke as a Swedish team came over to look at Democratic Cambodia (KR) and gave it the thumbs up in the international media dispelling the murderous Khmer Rouge rumours. Meanwhile, the KR were busy torturing and putting to death enemies of Cambodia who were mainly accused of being CIA spies. I don't really blame them, after all they were just shown what they were shown and fed a pack of lies by the government at the time.
The PM, in HE Strongman of Cambodia, says himself that he got the heads up he would be next, so did a runner to Vietnam.
Which is kinda ironic, because if he'd stuck around he too would have accused and convicted of being a CIA spy.
Agreed, can't really blame the Swedes. KH fooled almost every country in the beginning.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

So, Sokha's daughters both bang barangs?
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic