Taxi driver steals tourists' luggage

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Taxi driver steals tourists' luggage

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Taxi driver arrested in Pattaya for stealing tourists luggage
15 December 2017
A 52 year old taxi driver has been arrested by Pattaya police after attempting to do a runner with a Korean couples luggage.

The tourists had enjoyed a lovely holiday in thailand and were all set to head back to the airport for their journey home. They loaded their bags up into the taxi and began negotiating a fair price from North Pattaya to Suvarabhumi airport.

Not happy with what he was hearing, the taxi driver thought enough was enough, no more negotiating, and took matters into his own hands by driving off with the couples luggage.

Police were immediately called and with the help of local CCTV, the thief was caught within a day of the initial report.

Luckily for the couple, he still had a total of 9 items belonging to the Koreans including 2 million won, 29,910 baht, passports, a black women’s bag and an iPad.
Pattayaone
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: Taxi driver steals tourists' luggage

Post by Fourkinnel »

Not happy with what he was hearing. This was probably "turn your meter on"!
Most taxi drivers around tourist areas in LOS are cnuts ! I've asked to pull over and jumped out of a taxi more than once for changing the price up after agreeing one and refusing to put the meter on. Keep my luggage with me on the back seat just in case have to do again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic