Vicious bollocks

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Vicious bollocks

Post by Jim Gil »

that genius wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:19 am
Jim Gil wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 am SWEETER said;
"Same could be said about major news channels all over the world RT, BBC, Xinhua, CNN".

BBC and CNN have always broadcast the political opposition's views and criticism of which ever Party is in power: Could you imagine a world in which Putin or Xie would permit that.
RT is surprisingly progressive, imo.

The fact that the present US and UK govts have a vendetta against them is a pretty good recommendation.

Agree with you re China
I think RT's reporting of world events does give a fresh and valid angle that many channels wouldn't, BUT I've never heard anything on there that goes against the Kremlin, it always tows the party line which I do find to be a little grating, I think the same is true for Aljazeera I like it's world reports and enjoy some of the documentaries but again never anything remotely critical about the rulers.

It's as if they're controlled by a military Junta,, kind of like ........... I think I'll leave it to you to fill in the blanks. I don't want to be banned or get anyone in trouble for criticizing HE who must be obeyed. :stir:
Sweeter
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Vicious bollocks

Post by Sweeter »

It's just that CNN is better at what it does. They could run a segment ostensibly criticising a position or person that in fact builds support for that that position or person in the mind of the audience. Likewise they are better at appearing critical to internal interests in order to establish the very credibility you speak of. Just my opinion.

I think US media has been losing its edge though. The last US presidential election showed us the limits of the media in the US, even with all the support given by tech companies and people in positions of trust and authority helping carry their water.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic