Tiger tourism: Cambodia's newest cash cow

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Tiger tourism: Cambodia's newest cash cow

Post by that genius »

I think letting a couple of hundred roam free in Sinville might do the world of good.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Tiger tourism: Cambodia's newest cash cow

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Sounds like a ploy.

Tigers need A LOT OF ROOM and areas to hunt. Usually livestock and villager are on their menu.

Now, eastern Cambodia had, a few years ago, sightings of wild elephants and a tiger or two, caught on wildlife cameras.

A tiger sanctuary, on the other hand, might be semi-acceptable, but still subject to foreign scrutiny. Caged up they may be, but at least they're here and not eating villagers and beloved cattle.

The (mainland) Chinese *would* create a demand for their body parts, so tourism would have to be good to sustain those tigers.

Biodiversity is important. I think we need a few more tigers in Cambodia, despite any possible challenges.

Maybe a Chinese will fund it conscientiously, and only use "naturally" dying tiger parts for medicine, like we do in the West with humans, right? In voluntary situations, we harvest human body parts to save peoples' lives, am I right?
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic