Building in Kep.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Re: Building in Kep.

Post by Jack.R. »

whiteribbon wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:38 pm Hm don't remember how I got to that price, I'll look it up another time but yes... It's Everything included, swimming pool, airco's and furniture, lights and garden plants...etc. I only will need to buy tv's and fridges and washing machine and some artwork of course. And the cost already went down btw, like I said in one of my previous posts, they already discounted around $4000 for foundations cause the initial soil tests indicated some wrong figures.
Ok that's fair if the quality is good and as long they don't count the garden/patio in the area to be multiplied by 500$.
However since I have invested in kep before myself I don't think that they built the nice perimeter wall, I think I remember seeing the land plot you bought. It was around one year ago for sale with the wall already built. Am I right?
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

After looking at the photos I think that your foundation work was done quite well. :thumb:
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Yes jack. That wall was already there when I acquired the plot, but my builders will adjust the height and change the fence since my new building will be higher then my house next to it.
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Oh and no, it wasn't for sale one year ago. I bought it together with my current house 2 years ago.
just noise, white noise
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

Yes probably it is already 2 years since I saw it, time flies.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Did you already build here in cambodia Jack? It's my first time building here, you seem to be well informed.
just noise, white noise
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

whiteribbon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:26 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 pm Go to CFC for green roof options. I don't know of any other comparable places in terms of knowledge and premium product lines. A green roof is easy to mess up in the tropics (or anywhere else) unless done right.
Is this the cfc you're talking about: https://www.cfc-cambodia.com/ ?
Yep. They carry the whole line of green roof products. However, make sure the workers are properly instructed (and SUPERVISED) when doing it, as I'm guessing it'll be their first time.

$500/sqm including pool, kitchen cabinets, a bit of yard work and all that isn't bad I'd say.

As for warranties, most contractors will be willing to come back and fix stuff up if there's an issue afterwards. I've had to do this once or twice before. I doubt you'd get anything written down unless it's a huge project (yours may be big enough), but most will be willing to follow an honour system of sorts unless they're just some random dude.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

Yes, a few times for myself, I have also been involved with local and Chinese construction companies a number of times.
If you want to ask some questions regarding containing cost or construction techniques and materials I could help you but since you delegated the purchase of materials and hiring of workers to your builders I don't think that I can do very much.
Your property is not very far from my land, i own a corner plot on main road close to cmk bank, rusty kep and the public school so I am glad to see more people investing around there so if you need help with something feel free to ask, especially if you want to know about cost of materials or prefabricated elements for example if you fancy the idea of your 500$/m2 luxury home to be looking like the Colosseum (while paying less than the locally available Chinese marble) I can even get you a container or Roman travertine delivered to kep :D .
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Been out of the country for a bit but back now and all is going well, still 3 weeks ahead of schedule! More pictures are added here: https://kepvilla.smugmug.com/
just noise, white noise
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

It's hard to judge by the photos but make sure that the top of your swimming pool is clearly higher than the surrounding floor/garden area, land in kep doesn't absorb much water and cleaning an even just slightly flooded pool is truly a pain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic