FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by Milord »

Where is the General going?
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

The Raz theory makes sense. I can't remember him on 440 , which is probably a good thing. What business does he own?

If him, his money would probably be better spent advertising on here as well as there, and sitting on the fence. Why put all your eggs in a ship that the owners are bailing out of? The current owners obviously don't think that 440 can compete. I don't understand why a new owner would think differently.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Milord wrote:Where is the General going?
He was recruited by the ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria) to watch out for drones in the Sahara desert. :dragonchase:
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

UKJ wrote:The Raz theory makes sense. I can't remember him on 440 , which is probably a good thing. What business does he own?
Immigration consulting business I think.
UKJ wrote:If him, his money would probably be better spent advertising on here as well as there, and sitting on the fence. Why put all your eggs in a ship that the owners are bailing out of? The current owners obviously don't think that 440 can compete. I don't understand why a new owner would think differently.
I dont know him nor have any interaction with him. But from what I gather in his posts, he sound like a shrew businessman.

If the buyer is really Raz; from the recent manipulated stats pointed out by the Dragon...I dont think he will feel comfortable walking around town fear of getting scoff.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

flying chicken wrote:I dont think he will feel comfortable walking around town fear of getting scoff.
Well it hasn't bothered him for the last ten years, why would it get to him now?

In all seriousness I doubt very much Raz has bought it. Whilst he does tend to have many interests I just can't see him getting enthusiastic about being a webmaster. What with the hotdogs and bar girls and visas for the bar girls he has enough on his plate.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Wow OD, great detective work about those duplicate numbers.

But is google analytics really that easy to trick ? No built in safeguards ?
What's to prevent any other website for sale out there or selling ad space from doing the same ?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

logos wrote: What's to prevent any other website for sale out there or selling ad space from doing the same ?
Diligent buyers, LoL.

If you can read code, it's staring you right there in the face, apparently.

#BuyerBeware
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

OK so who's going to rule a book on this. So far we have two possible buyers and here is my breakdown.

EAS – a failed expat forum that also has/owns a number of other similar sites across south east asia. The owner, for all his faults, is an ok guy and a good Aussie trier. He now owns a new radio station, an weekly arts newspaper and is linked to a well known Ochna who has plenty of coin.

Raz – Aussies/Khmer that has been around some time and is another genuine, if floored, guy. Has a building, bar, and food business plus some sort of imagination service.

Both have the money, or access to it, and both have a motive.

Place your bets please.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

A quick Google search shows that Google Analytics double counting is a common issue stemming from "human error." (quote marks here on purpose before people jump on me). It seems that a more accurate and reliable way to monitor traffic is to look at Google AdSense figures. Any buyers in the know would do good then to ask to look at both figures to see whether there is any discrepancy.

As for K440, I won't speculate about whether it was intentional or a genuine mistake, but a way to verify this is to check AdSense figures to see if they closely add up.

http://monetizepros.com/blog/2013/5-rea ... ont-match/
Another common explanation for disconnects between Analytics and AdSense is user error in setting up Analytics. This generally means that the Analytics code hasn’t been added to all pages on the site (which would likely cause the pageviews shown by AdSense to exceed the Analytics figure) or that the Analytics code appears multiple times on certain pages (which would likely cause Analytics to report larger traffic than AdSense).

Unfortunately, if the latter is the case it also means that your site is getting less traffic than you had previously thought. You’ve been double-counting (or perhaps even triple-counting) visitors in Google Analytics, while AdSense has been showing you more accurate figures.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:OK so who's going to rule a book on this. So far we have two possible buyers and here is my breakdown.

EAS – a failed expat forum that also has/owns a number of other similar sites across south east asia. The owner, for all his faults, is an ok guy and a good Aussie trier. He now owns a new radio station, an weekly arts newspaper and is linked to a well known Ochna who has plenty of coin.

Raz – Aussies/Khmer that has been around some time and is another genuine, if floored, guy. Has a building, bar, and food business plus some sort of imagination service.

Both have the money, or access to it, and both have a motive.

Place your bets please.
I bet on vladimir.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic