Where to buy decent quality shirts at a decent price

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Where to buy decent quality shirts at a decent price

Post by superferret »

The area around the Russian market next to KFC has some "export" shops, those ones are really hit and miss but worth a try.
There's also a three story one in particular that has quality stuff,
I don't remember the name, it's right there on that street, usually empty because the prices are higher, you have to get them to take you upstairs.
That's the only place that I find quality jeans in Phnom Penh.
https://www.google.com.kh/maps/@11.5406 ... 312!8i6656

As for having shirts made, they can make really nice shirts but it's a challenge getting the fit right. It's best to take a well fitting shirt and have them copy it,
sometimes that works other times even that does not. If you're able to figure out how to get them to do the right fit and fabric the shirts can be really good value.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I have noticed that when buying shirts off the rack,, already made,, the size on the shirt means nothing here I

would concider myself a average size wearing a M or a L ,, but here I always need a XL or XXL,
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Tailor will charge between $10 and $25 for a long sleeved shirt, button-up collar, depending on how rotund thou art and the material

Any market
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I'm always amused when vendors call to me "Sir, hab your sigh" and I respond "no, you don't." "Mien, bong! 3XL!" like that's meaningful.

Oddly, there's a fabric shop inside Central Market that does good prices, although you'll have to haggle until they get to know you're local. Standing under the clock tower, locate the arm of the complex with the sequin dresses on the right corner of the arm (this won't be meaningful if you don't already know Central Market) - directly to the right of that sequin dress shop (so, along the arm) is a shop with a literal wall and then mountain of fabrics for pants and shirts. A younger guy and his mother run it, push hard and you'll get decent pants fabric at $4 per metre, and shirt fabrics from $2.5 to $4 depending on weight.

I pay $4 to $6 for tailoring per garment. You can haggle down to $4 if you're getting at least 4 garments made. The tailors around O'Russey are pretty standard and will all start high if they think you're a noob or a tourist. I can recommend a tailor in BT if you're out this way.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

There is another batch of tailors on st 244 between about 107 and 113. Havent tried any yet
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

there is another batch of shirt makers south of orrusey on street 214 between about 107 and st 113
Imposter555
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Imposter555 »

pczz wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:02 pm there is another batch of shirt makers south of orrusey on street 214 between about 107 and st 113
must be these https://www.google.com/maps/@11.5599415 ... 6656?hl=en
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

yesp, that's them and then turn down 113 and its pretty much tailors all the way to orussey
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic