New girly bar opened near The National Museum

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Marcus-Darkus
Expatriate

New girly bar opened near The National Museum

Post by Marcus-Darkus »

It opened Friday night and It's called 'Wonderful Night Bar' on street 13, right near Kabbas restaurant, Friends and the Panda mart.

Kind of weird having just one girly bar so close to more upmarket restaurants, and The National Museum. I know there are a few on street 172, but at least they are tucked away, that area of street 13 has a right middle-class crowd coming in and out of the restaurants.

Saying that, its signs and lighting are quite low-key.

I cant give any feedback, it's 60 seconds from my home, there might be a danger visit one day. lol
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New girly bar opened near The National Museum

Post by John Bingham »

Street 184 and that end of 13/19 have always been dodgy as fuck anyway. Loads of muggers, drug-addicts etc around.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Marcus-Darkus
Expatriate

Post by Marcus-Darkus »

Yes, you are right about that.....178 is nice in the day but some shady people around at night, even near the museum.

Never seen a girly bar in this area though, will be weird if more appear.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Marcus-Darkus wrote:Yes, you are right about that.....178 is nice in the day but some shady people around at night, even near the museum.

Never seen a girly bar in this area though, will be weird if more appear.
There was a gay bar (laddie bar?) right there opposite panda mart/Aroma for several years, and I'm certainly there was a girl bar in the same strip before that.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Marcus-Darkus wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:08 pm Yes, you are right about that.....178 is nice in the day but some shady people around at night, even near the museum.
Yeah, I meant 178 rather than 184. They've been refurbishing the park in front of the museum, it would be good to see that area get a bit less dodgy.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Marcus-Darkus wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:39 pm It opened Friday night and It's called 'Wonderful Night Bar' on street 13, right near Kabbas restaurant, Friends and the Panda mart.

Kind of weird having just one girly bar so close to more upmarket restaurants, and The National Museum. I know there are a few on street 172, but at least they are tucked away, that area of street 13 has a right middle-class crowd coming in and out of the restaurants.

Saying that, its signs and lighting are quite low-key.

I cant give any feedback, it's 60 seconds from my home, there might be a danger visit one day. lol
will pop in tomorrow and check out the spread and report back :beer2:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:04 pm Street 184 and that end of 13/19 have always been dodgy as fuck anyway. Loads of muggers, drug-addicts etc around.
And that's just the down and out barang
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic