Transfer buying contract of UK466 condo room #1F1F. $4,230.

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Imposter222
Tourist
Andorra

Re: Transfer buying contract of UK466 condo room #1F1F. $4,230.

Post by Imposter222 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:48 am It's definitely a good time to buy...and it will get better closer to the election.

And not just property sales, I see an increase in cars/ motorcycles for sale lately, plus furniture etc.

Expats are leaving/ taking a break until things are more certain.
no HE kicked all the freeloaders out see http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/6 ... e-aid.html
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I don't understand how this has anything to do with your link.

These sales involve normal people who have cars/motorcycles, furniture etc who are leaving.

Their leaving has little or nothing to do with US Aid
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Imposter222
Tourist
Andorra

Post by Imposter222 »

vladimir wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:38 am I don't understand how this has anything to do with your link.

These sales involve normal people who have cars/motorcycles, furniture etc who are leaving.

Their leaving has little or nothing to do with US Aid
yes i see your point, those freeloaders are really abnormal people :dm:
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Buying into a condo without any BC legislation would be madness. But even in Australia most apartment buyers do not understand what may lie ahead. Without a good committee the building will fall into disrepair, levies will not be collected and the bills will not be paid. Any building with elevators is a money trap if there is poor maintenance. Painting is required every eight years with associated scaffolding etc, it's hugely expensive.
And all those buildings with AC condensors hanging on the outside walls making maintenance impossible. ACs should have their filters cleaned every six months or so.
I have nearly finished restoring our 42 unit building and gardens, over 200k spent so far and now there is no money left. In fact the builder may be waiting months for his 14k. And we got two nasty surprises, new TV antennas required. Two prices $32,000 and $4800. A cable that serves the car park, pool and BBQ area has failed after a storm- at least 5k to repair. We have rigged up a temporary supply and only lost the BBQ.
We are still owed about 15K in levies and will bankrupt the Chinaman over it. I can't believe that if you choose not to comply with a court order they will come and arrest you, either Police or sherrifs. Mr Hu is fucked well and truly.
Imposter222
Tourist
Andorra

Post by Imposter222 »

keeping up with the joneses, yes expensive business. hope you are getting your face worth
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

offroadscholar wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:11 pm I will be amazed if all these new condo buildings are maintained properly.

Especially if the units are bought mostly by Chinese people. I live in China... where there is an ongoing, massive, construction boom with literally millions of new condos/apartments sprouting like mushrooms after an autumn rain. Most are bought 'on spec' and never occupied (to the Chinese, it's worth more if never lived in). Because they're not living in the building, they don't see why they should pay maintenance fees... so they don't. When the elevator breaks it's not fixed (you don't want to live on the 22nd floor); when the crappy cement starts to crumble, it's not repaired; when the lights burn out, they're not replaced; when a water pipe springs a leak...
You could be next.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Fire hazard extremo.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

vladimir wrote:Fire hazard extremo.
But the land property is forever!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ashcroftie »

I suppose the OP now realizes he made a huge mistake.
What kind of a 'condo' is that? I'm surprised they're even sold.
The bathroom is bigger than the living room, err, wait, there is no living room, so yeah everything is bigger than that lacking living space.
I suppose the kitchen is meant as 'living area'.
Who in their right mind would buy something like this? Even for free... As another poster mentioned: indeed, it's more like a prison.

To add insult to injury: the 'CEO' is some Dutch 'coach' seeing no problem whatsoever in the Phnom Penh property market (of course not, he has to sell his crap):

Good luck with the sale!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

properties are such a bargain in Phnom penh, only about twice the price of Thailand with no security or guarantees, other than a pile or Russians or Chinese will move in and no one else will want to so it will be unsellable
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic