FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by General Mackevili »

bendix wrote:
Google Analytics. The industry standard for measuring traffic.
Care to post, LoL?

You seem to say that you shouldn't claim ANYTHING online that you can't provide evidence for.

Post, or you're outing yourself as the biggest hypocrite ever, LoL.

:facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

So Bendix, which one of your masters sent you over here to spy? If the situation is reverse where a CEO poster gone over to k440 and questioning about the mod/admin unethical behaviors; not only you won't get any reasonable response but the thread and your username will disappeared from the face of the earth.

I think this back and forth mumble jumble warrants justice in the Phnom Penh municipal court.
Last edited by flying chicken on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

phuketrichard wrote:
AS the ad for Burger king ran

WHERES THE MEAT!

Sort of like teakdoor

But what the fuck do I know :beer3:
Do you not mean the Wendy's ad... "Where's the Beef?" ?

Your last sentence may well be very correct.....
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

flying chicken wrote:So Bendix, which one of your masters sent you over here to spy? If the situation is reverse where a CEO poster gone over to k440 and questioning about the mod/admin unethical behaviors; not only you won't get any reasonable response but the thread and your username will disappeared from the face of the earth.
Give him some credit. He is posting on CEO much more than he is posting over there recently. :thumb:
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

bendix wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:
bendix wrote:What seems obvious though, is that a deal looks set to be concluded with a buyer or group of buyers who want 440 to continue in roughly the same way, a methodology which has seen traffic continue to rise for years, including over the last three months.
Where are you getting your statistics about Khmer440.com user traffic? The past 3 months in particular look like a train wreck. "Rising for years"? :ROFL:

http://khmer440.com.w3snoop.com/
Google Analytics. The industry standard for measuring traffic. The graph you showed is a joke. If it has any validity maybe it is measuring only the front page.

440 has had a steady flow of 60000 plus unique visitors for months, and between 1.8 and 2.0m unique pay views. The rough average of new visitors is usually around 45 percent.
Actually, if you have a look at what KiR posted it's not a steady rise at all... if you ignore the highlighting he did on the numbers to make it look that way. Unique visitors Jan 2013, 70,104 but unique visitors Jan 2014, 69,002... thats decline, not growth. And that was before people had alternative options and the number of users (and resulting content) fell off significantly. In reality with allowing some fluctuation, it really seems to be "holding steady".

Though even then... I wonder if the new buyer knows you're falsifying the visitor statistics? Just going to look at your analytics ID with a view source on K440 I see your google analytics code in there twice... that means each hit is reporting to their system twice. Clever trick... wonder what we'd look like if we did that.

Tip: to verify this view source on the page and do a search for

Code: Select all

.push(['_trackPageview']); 
So cut your numbers in half from whenever that started and see if it's still growth...
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

In case they change it and deny it ever happened... which I don't at all put past them... here are some screencaps, notice the line numbers:

OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

in the name of #transparency are you going to publicly post this as well on 440 now? Or notify the advertisers that they've been getting double stats when telling them what their ad is worth?
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Man, this technical programming/analytical stuff makes me dizzy. But knowing the Dragon and his line of work, I am on his side. If he really manipulate the stats to the potential buyer (s) and the upstanding Bandix...this should be really interesting!
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

basically every time that line of javascript i posted is called, it sends info to google saying it has a visit (and what page/etc). if you do it twice per page, it's 2 visits. 3 times, 3 visits... and so on.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

I agree with FC, to me it's like looking at a recipe in Chinese.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic