Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Post by chorlton »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:28 am Try for a 12 mth EG EOS, although apparently some agents are claiming the EG EOS is only available for 6mths max now

12 mth EOS = $270 - 290
6 mth EOS = $140 - $160

All 6 & 12 mth EOSs are multi entry/exit
I was told:

no such thing as EOS
EG is looking for work, 6-months max then must leave & its a one time only deal so cant get again on return, cost $180

I assume the 6 is on top of the 1 on arrival so id be here until 23rd june because I arrived 23rd November
this matters for renting a house for 6-months basically

if that's the case then ok
anyone know anywhere in siem reap that might be a bit less than $180 because 140-160 was the estimate before going

thanks for the help, it is appreciated.
C.

:thumb:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

The 6 is on top of the 1 on arrival is an EOS. Extension Of Stay.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:39 pm The 6 is on top of the 1 on arrival is an EOS. Extension Of Stay.
Alright, so it sounds as if Immigration have binned the 12 mth EG EOS, that's s shame...but in saying that, you're agent doesn't even know what an EOS is, haha!...and $180 for 6 mths, they're taking the piss!
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:52 pm
Username Taken wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:39 pm The 6 is on top of the 1 on arrival is an EOS. Extension Of Stay.
Alright, so it sounds as if Immigration have binned the 12 mth EG EOS, that's s shame...but in saying that, you're agent doesn't even know what an EOS is, haha!...and $180 for 6 mths, they're taking the piss!
to be fair nor did I realise it was an acronym of Extension of Stay lol

she did quickly run through each rather professionally
told me EG was 6-month but I could visa run & get another which would be ok
quick phone call made & it was obvious something was news to her by her mannerism

ill go for the 6 but ideally $20-30 less if anyone can suggest somewhere else in SR?
annoying thing is the place I went is literally <5mins walk from me
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

Got my passport back today.

Told the agent I was a freelancer and I’d like a 3 month EB EOS.
He says that won’t happen without the necessary paperwork, so it’d be an EG.
Got an EB.

Would this mean that when I come to renew, because they’ve now issued me with an EB, if I wanted a 6 month or 1 year EOS, they’d have to give me an EB?
In a normal world, I would have thought so, but I won’t put money on it!
Milk was a bad choice
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

I hope I get your luck & my 6-month EG comes back as EB

told 10-days 6-days ago so I will find out soon.....
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

chorlton wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:28 pm I hope I get your luck & my 6-month EG comes back as EB

told 10-days 6-days ago so I will find out soon.....
I think ‘luck’ is what actually made it happen, and not ‘following the guidelines and rules’!

As an aside, the same agent says 54 is the minimum age for ER EOS without supporting paperwork here, so if I decide to stay after February, with a little more of the same ‘luck’ and if the wind blows in the right direction, one way or another I should be good for a long-term multiple entry EOS.
Or not.
Depending! :roll:
Milk was a bad choice
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

I've been out of touch with Cambo visas for a while but fwiw here's the latest info I have (based on a visit to the Immigration office opposite the airport yesterday, with a 30-day E visa and asking for whatever EOS I can have as a non-working, not officially retired, married (abroad) to a Khmer)

1. Can't have an ER unless at least 55 years old.
2. Could have an EB if we had a Cambodian marriage certificate.
3. Can have a 6-month EG. The guy said it would be possible to leave the country, come back, get a new E visa and be able to get another EG EOS, rinse and repeat until old enough for an ER or until they introduce some kind of spousal EOS. Being able to have more than 1 EG EOS is new as far as I know.

He also said "Cannot do EG here, has to be through an agent" and allow at least 3 weeks for it. Has anyone got one recently? From where and for how much? Looks like I'll have to hope he was right about the multiple EGs and suck up the hassle and 5 passport pages for every 14 months here. What a PITA.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

walkjivefly wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:02 pm
He also said "Cannot do EG here, has to be through an agent" and allow at least 3 weeks for it. Has anyone got one recently? From where and for how much? Looks like I'll have to hope he was right about the multiple EGs and suck up the hassle and 5 passport pages for every 14 months here. What a PITA.
I got the same advice regarding renewing an EG, i.e. do a border run, get a new E class visa and extend that. Not sure if DoI don't do them though?

Lucky Lucky or any travel agent and even many guest houses should be able to do it. I'll do a visa run next month and see what happens after that.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

walkjivefly wrote:I've been out of touch with Cambo visas for a while but fwiw here's the latest info I have (based on a visit to the Immigration office opposite the airport yesterday, with a 30-day E visa and asking for whatever EOS I can have as a non-working, not officially retired, married (abroad) to a Khmer)

1. Can't have an ER unless at least 55 years old.
2. Could have an EB if we had a Cambodian marriage certificate.
3. Can have a 6-month EG. The guy said it would be possible to leave the country, come back, get a new E visa and be able to get another EG EOS, rinse and repeat until old enough for an ER or until they introduce some kind of spousal EOS. Being able to have more than 1 EG EOS is new as far as I know.

Got 6 month EOS general, 2 weeks back. Cost 160 took 10 days.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic